Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Picking up dropped items?
12-06-2011, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2011 09:06 AM by Achtung Panzer.)
Picking up dropped items?
If a Hero is killed he looses all posessions. Can these items be later picked up by a Hero occupying the exact square?

This came up when playing Defend the Manor with my son, who wanted to pick up the rifle and ammo dropped outside. My thought was that it detratcts from having a Discard pile, but because the Heros can't search the Manor and he was losing, I said OK.

But was I right?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
RE: Picking up dropped items?
They go to the discard. There are a couple scenarios (I don't recall right now official or not) I've read that have certain items go to the death square, but even in those most things go to the discard. There board just isn't big enough for items to be left in squares without using all sorts of letter/number tokens, cluttering it up. There are also the searching and building Pick Up: rules that take care of these things (such as "Just What I Needed" and the gun shop's pick up).

You were right in that they can't. However, you were also right to bend the rules for more fun in this game too (as long as everyone knows the rules were being bent).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2011, 05:14 PM
We play in our group that if you have a scenario item (like keys or gas for the "Escape in the Truck" scenario), then those can drop in the death space.

Alternatively, we say that with the gasoline you can immediately use it upon death to douse your space.
12-06-2011, 07:21 PM
(12-06-2011 05:14 PM)YrNotYrKhakis Wrote:  We play in our group that if you have a scenario item (like keys or gas for the "Escape in the Truck" scenario), then those can drop in the death space.

Alternatively, we say that with the gasoline you can immediately use it upon death to douse your space.

I like these house rule ideas, they're very thematic, and will try them with my son.

I understand how gas markers work, but what about douse? Does the space explode like a gas cannister after a successful range combat?
12-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Just the term I used but it's the same thing. I mean that you can drop the gasoline marker in the space and can be later shot at to make it explode. (Or throw an item with fire at it.)
02-27-2012, 06:25 PM
In the scenario that comes with Hero Pack 1 (name escapes me right now) dead heros can drop the truck keys and towsfolk (I believe).
Our question was wether these could be automatically picked up by entering the space, or if the hero had to stop and search for them?
02-27-2012, 06:36 PM
(02-27-2012 06:25 PM)Wade Wrote:  In the scenario that comes with Hero Pack 1 (name escapes me right now) dead heros can drop the truck keys and towsfolk (I believe).
Our question was wether these could be automatically picked up by entering the space, or if the hero had to stop and search for them?

I've just done a report for that scenario. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-Survivors
Yes in this case another Hero can automatically pick up the truck keys and/or the townsfolk when entering the space. Searching is unnecessary. I will quote the info on the scenario card.

If a Hero with one or more of these markers is killed, the markers are left in the space and may be picked up for free by any Hero moving through that space.

Hope this helpedWatchmen02