Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Playing Zombie event cards
12-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Playing Zombie event cards
I know you can play a Zombie event card any time unless otherwise stated on the card and you can discard one card before topping your hand up to four. So the Zombie player can sometimes offload his entire hand and draw four more cards?

I guess this is a good tactic to hit the heroes hard?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2011, 06:22 PM
RE: Playing Zombie event cards
Right. One of the best tactics zombies have is to keep throwing cards as fast as you can. It is possible to draw an entire new hand at the beginning of your turn. Keep 'dem heroes runnin'! Insane21
12-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Correct,and discard the cards you don't plan on using in te following 2 turns.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-20-2011, 08:32 PM
you can discard one card before topping your hand up to four

You can Discard a maximum of 2 cards before topping your hand up to four or 1 per zombie player

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
12-21-2011, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 07:23 AM by Zinthos.)
One of the big mistakes new Zombie players make is to hold onto some Zombie cards until there is a better time to play them. Zombie cards are rarely worth holding. To win the Zombie player should draw and play as many cards as possible. Discarding is a vital tool to assist it getting cards that you can play immediately, rather than having cards clog up your hand for several turns.

The ability to discard one card each does gives a slight advantage to a pair of Zombie players, over a single Zombie player, although if both Zombies are discarding, then they have usually either been drawing or playing quite badly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2011, 08:59 AM
That was my first advice in teaching my friend today: Don't hold onto zombie cards until the following turn. The only ones we tend to save are bitten... Zombie heroes are easier to get than killing off a hero sometimes.
12-31-2011, 05:25 PM
I will sometimes hold on to Locked Door and The Line is Dead (cancels a search) as these reallly slow the Heroes down for my hungry minions...Zombie13
12-31-2011, 06:43 PM
I definitely think that the circumstances of the game can dictate what cards a ZP may find valuable for holding onto. For instance, when playing with Grave Weapons and there is a machete on the board, my ZP will wait until it looks like machete is going to win, then use Urrrggghhhh to roll extra dice to hit doubles and force another fight. He has pulled this off against me almost everytime there is a machete on the board, so I have to think he saves it... Then again, there are a lot of Urrrggghhhh cards in the Zombie deck, and he is really good at cycling cards....