Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Playing with too many people?
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
RE: Playing with too many people?
No matter how many people we have, we always tend to have one person control zombies rather than divide them in half. Our usual number is 4- so one person usually takes two heroes (though the heroes work together of course).

I reckon the best games I've had have had 3 players: 1 zombie and two humans, each with a pair of heroes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2011, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2011 07:29 AM by Pred.)
I prefer 1v1's or 4v1's and 1v1v1 if there is a third that wants to
play martians.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
07-06-2012, 12:19 PM
I've got a game night on Tuesday and we're most certainly gonna be 7 players.

Either we play All Hallows Eve with 1 zombie player, of course,

Or we do a DOT system for an extra hero. After all, one of the Exploration cards DOES allow you to get an extra hero.

I'm thinking though, what would be best:

Add Grave Zombies,

or

21 Zombies?

Or both? Or is that too much?
07-08-2012, 03:33 AM
Why not just use the dots system to allow the zombie players that extra balance such as zombies always spawn or something
07-08-2012, 11:21 AM
That's exactly what I'm gonna do on Tuesday, actually.

The Web scenario All Hallows Eve 2 has the rules and dots for allowing extra heroes. It's five dots. Pretty steep.
07-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Ok,

so we played

IT FELL FROM THE SKY

with 7 people last night. 2 zombies, 5 heroes. To add an extra hero is apparently 5 dots, so we added the 21 zombies rule, which is 4 dots and removed the heroes starting cards. This, we thought, would make it somewhat balanced.

It wasn't... Apart from the fact that Jenny managed to blast 5 radioactive dead to smithereens on her second turn with a shotgun, with some shrapnell hitting the asteroid, the heroes suffered no major victories. In a handfull of turns, I forgot how many, the zombies overran the heroes. The zombies won by killing 4 heroes. Kenny and Stacy started out close to the hangar and both got cornered and eaten in there (even though Kenny ran headlong into a horde of 8 zombies with the hedgetrimmer). Mr. Goddard, Sheriff Andersson and Sam holed up in the high school, and just as Sam had fetched a pretty bottle of gasoline, the zombies came running in through the doors, eating both Sheriff Andersson and Mr. Goddard.

And that was the end of it.

Overall, not a very pleasant game. Too many players, too tough to keep track of what was going on, too much banther on the side, etc. etc.

After this game we played a game of 4 players, with one zombie player. The Scenario was plague carrier. Much quieter, much more tense and fun.
07-11-2012, 06:59 PM
(12-31-2011 12:24 AM)Cobby Wrote:  No matter how many people we have, we always tend to have one person control zombies rather than divide them in half.

Our story exactly. Although only a few enjoy playing this game with more players than five, our group (usually 6-7 people) actually enjoy a full blown zombie battle with more than the four Heroes allowed. What it basically boils down to imo is commitment from all players to focus on the game and to adjust balance using precious Dots. It comes natural in our group but the more players the longer the waits, so stay focused if you don't want to kill the game..

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user