Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please explain the Spectral Horseman
10-01-2010, 04:44 AM
Please explain the Spectral Horseman
Hello all. I recently played a game and the villain was the Spectral Horseman. We were a little confused about his basic ability from the minion chart called "The Horseman Rides Tonight!" I understand the first part about resolving the fight round. I don't understand the following part of the rule:

"If there are no heroes in the space, instead place 2 investigation at the location and the shadow track moves 1 step closer to darkness".

What do they mean "no heroes in the space"? When the event occurs it doesn't neccessarily correlate with a particular space. This is what confused the hell out of us.

That brings me to another part of the rule that says: "After any fight here (or even if there is no fight), the spectral horseman moves along the shortest path to the Town Hall, fighting every hero along the way as normal for his relentless charge ability.

I understand the part about moving along the shortest path to the town hall, but where the heck is this space that he starts from? Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2010, 01:28 PM
RE: Please explain the Spectral Horseman
I don't remember where I saw it stated, but I believe I read that you are supposed to draw a random location for the ride to start. That is the way we have played it. If I run across it again I'll reply here.

Its a trick, get an axe...

Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle.
10-01-2010, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2010 03:03 PM by mqstout.)
In most situations, those trigger from a random location determined by the next lair card. Sometimes they'll trigger in a player's space from one of the corner decks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2010, 12:56 AM
(10-01-2010 03:03 PM)mqstout Wrote:  In most situations, those trigger from a random location determined by the next lair card. Sometimes they'll trigger in a player's space from one of the corner decks.

I don't remember seeing anything that stated you had to draw a random location and start from there but that would make sense. I figure if you're at a corner location, you draw a card and then it says engage with the villain, and you roll relentless charge on the minion chart then the horseman would start from that corner location because the initial card that triggered the event was from that location. However I thought it happened a couple of times during the mystery phase and there was no location specified. In that case I didn't know wtf they were talking about Watchmen02 If you're supposed to draw a random location in situations like that it makes perfect sense to do so.