Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Pre-Orders are up! Stock up pre-orders too!
08-01-2012, 02:16 PM
RE: Pre-Orders are up! Stock up pre-orders too!
(07-30-2012 09:54 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  My plan is to have fun with the base game for a while. Then, after a little while, get some of the expansions to help the game be like new all over again.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. I would get my hands on GH before TP if you haven't got that expansion yet. To me GH is an integral part of the base game as opposed to any other expansion.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Bought all three. $47.50 shipping to Canada -- not ideal but whatever. I can afford it.
Find all posts by this user
08-01-2012, 06:31 PM
(07-31-2012 06:57 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Same story as other European customers - $47 p&p is too much, even with the exchange rate. Well chuffed about getting the Stock Up supplement!

Have asked FFP about availability of Timber Peak with UK suppliers. Not enjoying the wait but I know it will be worth it.

Chris Kemnow expects Timber Peak to be with international retailers by the end of September/beginning of October.
08-01-2012, 07:30 PM
(08-01-2012 02:16 PM)scarydk Wrote:  
(07-30-2012 09:54 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  My plan is to have fun with the base game for a while. Then, after a little while, get some of the expansions to help the game be like new all over again.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. I would get my hands on GH before TP if you haven't got that expansion yet. To me GH is an integral part of the base game as opposed to any other expansion.

LOL! TP!

Sorry. Had to let me left over junior high sense of humor jump out for a moment there. LOL!

Seriously, though, that is definitely my plan. I was thinking of getting Hero Pack #1 around Christmas time (putting it on my Christmas list) because that will be around 6 months since I got the original game. Hero Pack #1 will add some cool new stuff (new cards, a new scenario, new heroes) without adding TOO much, since it will have only been 6 months. Then, maybe a few months after that (I don't think I'd be able to wait all the way until my next birthday) I would pick up Growing Hunger to add a whole bunch of new stuff (the new zombies, new rules, several new scenarios, new heroes, etc.).

I have to admit, it is getting harder and harder to wait. LOL! That WAS my original plan, but I am starting to think it may not quite work out that way. LOL!

My reasoning behind this thought process is I didn't want to rush into adding too much new stuff to the game right away. I thought, if I add one of the bigger expansions with tons of new stuff, then when I add the smaller expansions, it wouldn't seem like as big of a deal. However, if I add smaller ones first, that seems really cool because, for a while I have been playing with the base game, so adding anything new makes it like new all over again. Then, later I can add the bigger ones, and that makes it even more like new because there is so much more.

But, I keep going on and on about this. LOL! To sum it up, that is why I kind of lean towards waiting on the bigger expansions like Growing Hunger or Timber Peak.
08-02-2012, 10:30 AM
(08-01-2012 07:30 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(08-01-2012 02:16 PM)scarydk Wrote:  

LOL! TP!

Sorry. Had to let me left over junior high sense of humor jump out for a moment there. LOL!

Seriously, though, that is definitely my plan. I was thinking of getting Hero Pack #1 around Christmas time (putting it on my Christmas list) because that will be around 6 months since I got the original game. Hero Pack #1 will add some cool new stuff (new cards, a new scenario, new heroes) without adding TOO much, since it will have only been 6 months. Then, maybe a few months after that (I don't think I'd be able to wait all the way until my next birthday) I would pick up Growing Hunger to add a whole bunch of new stuff (the new zombies, new rules, several new scenarios, new heroes, etc.).

I have to admit, it is getting harder and harder to wait. LOL! That WAS my original plan, but I am starting to think it may not quite work out that way. LOL!

My reasoning behind this thought process is I didn't want to rush into adding too much new stuff to the game right away. I thought, if I add one of the bigger expansions with tons of new stuff, then when I add the smaller expansions, it wouldn't seem like as big of a deal. However, if I add smaller ones first, that seems really cool because, for a while I have been playing with the base game, so adding anything new makes it like new all over again. Then, later I can add the bigger ones, and that makes it even more like new because there is so much more.

But, I keep going on and on about this. LOL! To sum it up, that is why I kind of lean towards waiting on the bigger expansions like Growing Hunger or Timber Peak.

TP... Watchmen02 Well, there's definitely an interesting combo. I'd actually love to get my hands on a TP Zombie Edition. Watchmen02

Your plan makes perfect sense. But perhaps you shouldn't think too much about quantity if your planning on "upgrading" your game step wise. If I were you, I would upgrade following the game's natural course of delevopment. For example a lot of the artwork used in the web exclusives reference GH (2008) as well as the rules for the most part coincide with base game and GH combined. Since HP1 is a later expansion (2010), I would get this after GH. And then eventually TeePee... Watchmen02

Just some thoughts.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2012, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 08:29 PM by StayPuft.)
Frankly, the plan I outline was my original plan. But, the more and more I play the game, visit this site, etc., the harder and harder it gets. LOL! Not to mention, my gaming group isn't helping in that regard. More on that in a new thread. ;-)

So, I'm honestly not too sure anymore. I may end up getting Growing Hunger first anyway. I sort of go back and forth on it lately. In a way, I feel like I don't want to add all that new stuff after only really having the game for 6 months. That seems like a lot of awesome new stuff to add, so it could almost wait a little longer. That is easy for me to say, but is getting a lot harder and harder for me to actually do. LOL! So, who knows? I guess I will see how I feel about it when the holiday season rolls along.

I don't really look at the supplements as being the same. The only give you one scenario and a few cards. So, I didn't have a problem with picking some of them up right away.

I already have Revenge of the Dead, and AS SOON as I saw the Stock Up was back for pre-order, I went right on an pre-ordered it. ;-) Cannot wait to get to play that one.
08-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I just ordered it all... But I wont be back untill christmas to play it... Hmm... There might be something wrong with me ;D

Btw. We played the base game for a year, then invested in GH, and then just ordered everything as it became available. The different expansions add a lot of new rules and 'extras' but GH adds a lot more 'meat' to the game. I believe that though you might think that TP (Zombie17) adds the most a lot of the new cards will be replenishments for the old cards (Just what I needed, Just a Scratch etc.) as it is a standalone expansion thingy, and 2 of the new heroes are old heroes with new abilities...

That said, I am really looking forward to TP and all it brings!

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
08-03-2012, 09:36 PM
I preordered the Timber-peak and Stock up. Put down 74 dollars including shipping. God, I am such a nerd.
08-13-2012, 03:21 AM
$185.35 for me (including shipping to Australia) for LNoE TP, AToE TC, AToE HP2, and a set of Cloaked Martian Scouts for IfOS. It's still a kick in the pants as far as postage goes (not FFPs fault of course) butgreat that the exchange rate is so good at the moment. It made the whole thing do-able.
08-13-2012, 08:07 PM
(08-13-2012 03:21 AM)Talos Wrote:  $185.35 for me (including shipping to Australia) for LNoE TP, AToE TC, AToE HP2, and a set of Cloaked Martian Scouts for IfOS. It's still a kick in the pants as far as postage goes (not FFPs fault of course) butgreat that the exchange rate is so good at the moment. It made the whole thing do-able.

Money well spent and years of gaming goodness to look forward to!