Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pre-order the game now!
09-25-2010, 02:33 AM
RE: Pre-order the game now!
(09-25-2010 12:26 AM)Talos Wrote:  
(08-27-2010 10:54 PM)doctordoomphd Wrote:  Just got my zombie martian figures in the mail. I don't think I have the skill to paint them, so I've just got to pick up some super glue to stick the helmets on.

Watch out using Super Glue on clear plastic. It can 'fog' the plastic as it goes off. Not a very pretty result, trust me on this...

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, you're too late! I have learned that super glue was a bad idea, because of exactly what you mentioned. I will go the wood glue route when my actual game shows up. Hopefully that turns out a little better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2010, 06:32 AM
Damn, I'm sorry I didn't read this thread earlier. How frustrating for you.

Perhaps FFP may make helmets available as a spare part from the webstore in the future?

You should be able to remove the helmets from the figures with a little sideways pressure. Super glue has great 'pull' strength but the 'shear' strength is not so good. If you can get them off, it might be possible to polish the plastic using a q-tip.
09-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Here's another tip I found for cleaning up fogged clear plastic. Dip the helmet in Future floor polish. I haven't tried it myself but the model builders say it makes the plastic clear again.

If they are already fogged, it can't hurt to try...
09-26-2010, 04:51 AM
(09-25-2010 11:16 PM)Talos Wrote:  Here's another tip I found for cleaning up fogged clear plastic. Dip the helmet in Future floor polish. I haven't tried it myself but the model builders say it makes the plastic clear again.

If they are already fogged, it can't hurt to try...

Awesome. I may give that shot. I'll let you know how it turns out...