Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: A review
12-07-2009, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2009 01:34 PM by deadandwalking.)
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: A review
In three words: GO BUY IT! And to add a fourth: NOW!

If you're like me once the name Jane Austin arises it's instant slumber. Like a brick to the head. Little time to do much else but brace for impact. However, with the addition of the neverending army of the undead the authors name no longer had it's normal effect on me. All of a sudden I was awake and alert and intrigued. Perhaps I could take a trip through the world of Jane Austin afterall and perhaps even emerge unscathed and without a desire to cry like a woman. But cry I did. Cries of laughter that is. This new take on the literary classic is not only filled with decapitations and vomit but an abundance of humor. As I turned the final page I couldn't help but crave for more pages to hungrily devour like zombies to brains. It is in my humble and agreeable opinion that all should partake this grandeur piece of literature. You will be a better person for it. Plus it also has an added side effect of making one immune to viewings of the "feels longer than it is" feature film. Are you not agreeable?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
RE: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: A review
I haven't read it, but we do have a copy in my house. My wife read it, just out of curiosity, and said it was enjoyable....I don't know, personally I feel that it's just a gimmick, but what the hell!

Zalgo....he comes.
12-08-2009, 08:16 AM
I personally prefer Jane Austin with tanks and mechanoids several million years in the future.

</red-dwarf-reference>

But zombies look like they could make her fun, too.
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Almost bought it last week but just couldn't do it....
Maybe now that I've heard some good but I'm still a little leary.
12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Well it had to happen :rolleyes: :

Pride & Prejudice & Zombies Film
12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
groan.

They are killing my beloved zombie genre!

Zalgo....he comes.
12-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Just heard about the movie deal today actually...
12-14-2009, 10:16 PM
I had it in my hands when I was in London a couple of weeks ago. After reading this review I'm kinda bummed out that I did not buy it Watchmen02
I did however pick up TIDE OF SOULS by Simon Bestwick, also realy good!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
12-15-2009, 06:16 AM
NEWS FLASH!!! Natalie Portman signed to play the role of Elizabeth Bennett in upcoming P&P&Z movie.
06-04-2010, 03:47 AM
Discussed this book in my graduate level "Intro to Literary Critical Theory" class last fall, where he read Pride and Prejudice concurrent with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. About half of the class found (or knew beforehand) that they enjoyed Jane Austen's prose and complex plotting, and found the author of PPZ to be a little irritating. The other half who disliked Austen's writing really took to PPZ, and found that reading PPZ made them appreciate Austen more, or at least became tolerable.

Strangely, everyone in the class, including the professor, kept finding humor that they thought had been inserted by PPZ, but instead was in the original work by Austen. Reading PPZ helped them to notice things that they missed from reading the original work. And heck, zombies are starting to become a big deal in lit-crit, whether you use zombies as a criticism for capitalism (see also Romero's movie "Dawn of the Dead"), postmodernism or whatnot. We ended up having a zombie movie night for our uh, "final", because we wanted to explore the whole zombie subject some more.

And... soon there will be "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters." I'm not even kidding. And have you seen that book about "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"...? It's growing....