Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Printing custom cards, tiles?
08-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Printing custom cards, tiles?
How do you guys print your hero cards, scenario cards and especially the large L-shaped tiles?

- Do you use your own inkjet/laserjet on cardstock?

- Do you print them out on full page label paper and stick them to a carboard/cardstock?

- Or does anyone actually have them professional printed?
If so is there a reasonable online specialty printer that does small orders and can print on a game-quality cardstock?

Thanks Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2012, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 09:00 AM by vikinglad.)
RE: Printing custom cards, tiles?
I have only made 1. I printed it on my laser printer on semi-glossy photo paper and it came out pretty good. I then used a gluestick to mount it on a piece of carboard cut from a Van's shoebox I had that roughly matched the thickness of the game pieces, and was black on one side. I am happy with it, but it can't really be used as a random choice, though. If choosing random, we pick an existing hero's card, usually Billy, and make it represent my custom in the pile. Check out a pick of it in my gallery here.
Find all posts by this user
08-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Im surprise by the lack of replies.

Maybe most people just print new hero cards since that would be easiest and printable on anything.
Oh well Ill have to figure something out when the time comes.

Thanks Vikinglad
08-13-2012, 03:25 PM
hey Knight...

A little late but here it is...

In Brazil everything is cruesome expensive... so the Best Quality x Price i've found was to go to one of those shops where they sell cameras and print photos and print the hero sheets as photos. Since the regular size of a photo kind of matches the size of the hero cards... and the durability is quite good either.

For the decks i don't have any ideas yet... neither for the boards...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
08-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks John.

We have a Staples somewhat close to us here.
Maybe Ill have to go in and see what they caan do.

I was hoping for a reasonable multi-tasking online shop though.
08-28-2012, 08:19 AM
I have considered printing custom cards on normal paper and buying some self adhesive laminating sheets to ensure sealed double-sided protection. I have yet to try it, though.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
10-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Any one have any more ideas on this one? I was thinking maybe somewhere like a FEDEX Kinkos? I feel like they might be able to do something like that. If not what about having your custom cards printed as stickers? Then they could easily be stuck onto stuff? Just a few ideas -__-

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
10-02-2012, 05:06 PM
I recently purchased a Epson Artisan 1430.
And man what amazing custom stuff I can get with it!

Anyone serious about printing their custom hero/scenario cards, tiles etc should check into on of these.
10-03-2012, 05:15 PM
I would be interested in how people print the tiles. I am worried that mine would not work properly when printing. Is there a size reference?

While on the subject of board tiles, why don't people create more? Does LNOE (the most customisable and versatile game I own) support this?

What would be awsome would be a custom set where you get the base background and sets of buildings, cars, etc.. Am I getting carried away again?

Very interested in any replies.

Not the face!! Not the face!!
05-01-2013, 05:48 AM
I would very much like to make custom boards, I am just no good at photoshop. I can piece and part things together, I just can't seem to make the textures and buildings. I would love to know how to do it though, I have a lot of ideas..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...