Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Protective storage solution but still usign the box/artwork
12-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Protective storage solution but still usign the box/artwork
I was curious of anybody may have suggestions for me. I bring my games back and forth to a game night. In order to be able to bring a number of options, I bring them in a big travel suitcase. Unfortunately, this has caused some of the boxes to bounce around a bit and get a little beaten up. I'd like to be able to avoid this, but I don't want to completely get rid of the boxes.

For some of my games that have A LOT of components (ex: Last Night On Earth and Zombicide) I have eliminated a lot of the boxes with the goal of getting everything to fit in as few as possible and take up as little space as possible. But, I always make sure that the main box I use for any game is one of the actual boxes. In other words, I don't put everything into a storage container that becomes my new box for that game. I maybe have all the miniatures in a storage solution and the other stuff in the actual box, for example. At least this way it still has the feel of the actual game.

So, I'd like to be able to continue to do that, but not have it ruin the boxes.

One thought I had was getting a wooden box that is the same size and depth and then just basically putting the wooden box inside the game box. On the outside, it would look like it is just the game box, but it would have the wood inside it to protect it.

I don't really know how to build something like that, so buying it would probably be my only option. Don't even know if you really can find something that specific, though.

Anybody have thoughts/suggestions on how to possibly solve this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: Protective storage solution but still usign the box/artwork
Simple, you must spend the next 10 years becoming a master carpenter. ONLY THEN can you build the one case to RULE THEM ALL.

Honest this is an ongoing dilemma for me as well, especially considering the bulk amount of expansion material Shadows of Brimstone will eventually contain. For my original LNoE and aToE, I just cut the boxes apart and pasted bits of the various box arts to a much larger board game box I was getting rid of. It's worked for about 3 years now but the paste isn't holding on forever and even when it was new it didn't look the best, so a permanent storage solution is still on my radar.
12-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Join the crowd...sitting on the edge of their collective seats, anxiously awaiting the magical solution to this question. The best I've come up with is a spell called "Mo'Space" which conjures an alter-dimensional void that will successfully hold anything I am able to put into it. As of this writing there is plenty of room in it.

Seriously though, the best that I've been able to do so far is get all of ATOE (all commercially available content, plus some not commercially available) into two boxes. I use the base game box and the SW box. When the Lost Colony ever comes out I'll be screwed.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
12-22-2014, 09:30 PM
(12-19-2014 06:57 PM)Raynor Wrote:  Simple, you must spend the next 10 years becoming a master carpenter. ONLY THEN can you build the one case to RULE THEM ALL.

And then a new expansion comes out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-24-2014, 09:21 PM
(12-22-2014 09:30 PM)mqstout Wrote:  
(12-19-2014 06:57 PM)Raynor Wrote:  Simple, you must spend the next 10 years becoming a master carpenter. ONLY THEN can you build the one case to RULE THEM ALL.

Hopefully... Watchmen02

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
12-30-2014, 06:25 PM

Honest this is an ongoing dilemma for me as well, especially considering the bulk amount of expansion material Shadows of Brimstone will eventually contain. For my original LNoE and aToE, I just cut the boxes apart and pasted bits of the various box arts to a much larger board game box I was getting rid of. It's worked for about 3 years now but the paste isn't holding on forever and even when it was new it didn't look the best, so a permanent storage solution is still on my radar.

That is brilliant! Why didn't I think of that. Okay... I'll see you guys in 10 years. :-) Then I will construct perfectly sized boxes for us all. LOL! I am definitely thinking about Shadows of Brimstone in that regard too. So much stuff for one game once it all comes I don't know how I'll ever get it all in one or two containers.

(12-22-2014 02:56 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  Join the crowd...sitting on the edge of their collective seats, anxiously awaiting the magical solution to this question. The best I've come up with is a spell called "Mo'Space" which conjures an alter-dimensional void that will successfully hold anything I am able to put into it. As of this writing there is plenty of room in it.

Seriously though, the best that I've been able to do so far is get all of ATOE (all commercially available content, plus some not commercially available) into two boxes. I use the base game box and the SW box. When the Lost Colony ever comes out I'll be screwed.

Glad to be hearing I am not the only one with this problem, but it is a shame none of us have, as of yet, come up with a solution. I'd be interested to try your spell, though. Does it involve human sacrifice and a goofy outfit? Because if it does.... I am SO IN! :-P

(12-22-2014 09:30 PM)mqstout Wrote:  

I know, man! I get my storage solution perfect.... and then out comes a new expansion. And, I MUST buy! LOL!