Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interesting idea - Zombie card that makes the heroes fight...
10-11-2012, 07:54 AM
RE: Interesting idea - Zombie card that makes the heroes fight...
(10-10-2012 10:32 PM)kassle Wrote:  I feel like, to make it fair, there should be a similar card to use against the zombies. Either they attack each other in a rage, or a bunch of them decompose...but something that levels the playing field a bit.

I'd make it an item, bacon maybe.

Throw it on a space with zombies as a ranged attack, all zombies pair off and fight, until one gets the bacon.

The question is, would you throw the bacon, or die protecting it.

I do like the idea, FFP is big on cards for both sides.

I also like PJon's idea for the card. Problem is if you can pick one hero to fight all others on the space, you could get two or three deaths and end the game right there.

I'd like the no weapons fight as long as the loser has to be wounded, it's one thing to fight, it's a whole different ballgame when you attack a fellow human with a meat cleaver.

I'd also want a ranged option, hero blindly shooting at shadows till they hit something.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
(10-11-2012 07:54 AM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  I also like PJon's idea for the card. Problem is if you can pick one hero to fight all others on the space, you could get two or three deaths and end the game right there.

I'd like the no weapons fight as long as the loser has to be wounded, it's one thing to fight, it's a whole different ballgame when you attack a fellow human with a meat cleaver.

I'd also want a ranged option, hero blindly shooting at shadows till they hit something.

I think that's my concern, too. It could easily be a game ender. Maybe there's a fight, and you still have to roll to see if there's a wound?

Perhaps its some sort of card that references a character "protecting a survivor who has bitten, from the others - precipitating "the fight" (picturing the Sheriff, for example, holding everyone at bay with a gun, as Billy is clearly zombifying in the background).
10-12-2012, 04:24 AM
A possible card would be one where the heroes assume another Hero is infected whether they are or not.

OMG he's infected!

remains in play

On any hero's fight zombie phase, if the hero targeted is in the same space as the hero whose turn it is, the targeted hero is attacked as well.
If targeted hero is in the same building as a hero during their ranged attack phase they must attack the target hero, ignore on a 4+

A little complex, but gives a bit of the hero being treated as bitten whether they are or not. The ranged attack is to give the feel that you don't trust them, but you aren't going to kill them unless you feel directly threatened, the 4+ save is to talk them out of shooting you.
10-15-2012, 08:07 PM
(10-10-2012 10:32 PM)kassle Wrote:  Hm...Interesting.

I feel like, to make it fair, there should be a similar card to use against the zombies. Either they attack each other in a rage, or a bunch of them decompose...but something that levels the playing field a bit.

I like it! I could definitely see that too.

(10-11-2012 06:39 PM)kassle Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 07:54 AM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  I also like PJon's idea for the card. Problem is if you can pick one hero to fight all others on the space, you could get two or three deaths and end the game right there.

I think that's my concern, too. It could easily be a game ender. Maybe there's a fight, and you still have to roll to see if there's a wound?

Perhaps its some sort of card that references a character "protecting a survivor who has bitten, from the others - precipitating "the fight" (picturing the Sheriff, for example, holding everyone at bay with a gun, as Billy is clearly zombifying in the background).

I definitely agree with you both here. Hence why I was thinking of it being without weapons. After all, my thought wasn't that the card should turn our beloved hero characters in to cold-blooded murderers. My thought was it was like bickering, but just a little worse. So, thematically you could think of it like they get into a fight and one of them knocks the other out, or gives them a black eye, or something like that. That's also why I kind of thought maybe it shouldn't be allowed to be used against a hero who is one wound away from death. Again, I didn't want to think of it as turning our heroes into killers.

(10-12-2012 04:24 AM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  A possible card would be one where the heroes assume another Hero is infected whether they are or not.

OMG he's infected!

remains in play

On any hero's fight zombie phase, if the hero targeted is in the same space as the hero whose turn it is, the targeted hero is attacked as well.
If targeted hero is in the same building as a hero during their ranged attack phase they must attack the target hero, ignore on a 4+

A little complex, but gives a bit of the hero being treated as bitten whether they are or not. The ranged attack is to give the feel that you don't trust them, but you aren't going to kill them unless you feel directly threatened, the 4+ save is to talk them out of shooting you.

That's actually a pretty cool idea too. I could see that thematically. After all, there are a lot of zombie movies where the person gets wounded, and one of the other heroes has to act immediately and kill them. Often times, they don't stop to make sure the wound actually did come from a zombie bite. Heck, maybe they accidentally wounded themselves in the fight and they were going to be fine. They very rarely wait to confirm. They just kill them right away. Now, obviously it is usually implied in the movie that they were in fact bitten, but what if it turns out they weren't? ;-)