Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PvP Scenario Ideas
10-17-2017, 02:18 AM
PvP Scenario Ideas
While browsing through the topics looking for ideas I came across this topic, talking about a scenario idea for a 6 player game where the group has to escape in a plane, but there are limited seats, meaning only 2 players can actually win.

I really like the concept, and was wondering if people had any other rough ideas for how to get a scenario going that pits players against both the zombies and each other. Even links to similar topics if possible, since I want to try and write up my own scenario at some point and a PvP feel seems like it would be really fun.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2017, 04:43 AM
RE: PvP Scenario Ideas
This does sound fun. Some things you need to consider. Also I'm a little tipsy so if this is crazy crazy, just slap me across the face and tell me to wake up. :-)

Can Heroes fight the other team of Heroes?

If so, probably some adjustments like like this would suffice:

If a Hero ends her activation in the same space as Heroes in another faction, she must fight each of the Heroes in her space. (Faction to fight first is activated Hero's choice, order within faction is Defender's Choice. Fight zombies last because they're slow.) If both parties agree not to fight, no fight occurs. Exchanging items is only possible if both parties agree.

After the Zombie movement phase, the Zombies fight all Heroes in their spaces but instead of splitting up evenly, get to fight each Faction separately, and get to decide what order to resolve Factions (as a whole, for simplicity?) The Heroes within the Faction get to determine the fight order within their Faction's defense phase.

Any card that targets Zombies, such as a ranged weapon, may be used to target another faction instead, but not both at once (and not more than one faction at a time except for ranged weapons, since it makes sense - i.e., the pump shotgun could fire at anyone in a space regardless of their affiliation.) Any card that targets "all models" in a space, however, still targets all models in the space.

"The Hero Turn" includes all factions. (Decide a rule on what order the factions take turns in.) However, Becky's Heal ability takes place at the end of her Factions activations (that way she has a chance to heal her party members before all the other factions can wipe them out.) Cards like Bickering and This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth only affect members of the same faction in the same space.

Zombie Victory Condition of killing 4 Heroes needs to be replaced.

Hero condition of surviving until sunrise/etc needs to be replaced (all the factions can't win.)

When the an empty Hero Deck is discarded from, this would still be a Zombie victory condition and would cause all the Hero factions to lose together (there's nothing else left in the town to help them!)

Depending on the Scenario, it might be worthwhile to introduce the concept of Nonlethal Damage from unarmed Melee attacks and blunt Melee attacks (i.e. not involving blades/saws.) A nonlethal damage would be indicated by putting a yellow XP token into an empty wound spot instead of a normal wound marker. If all of a Heroes wound spots are filled: If they are all wound markers (red) they die like normal. But if any of them are yellow, instead they simply fall unconscious. Any regular wound will replace a yellow wound (if any) any time it is dealt. An unconscious Hero attempts to roll 6 on a D6 during each of their activations in order to wake back up (remove 1 yellow wound to wake up.) Any hero in the same space as another Hero may also attempt to roll a 6 on a D6 once during their activation to wake up the unconscious hero in their space.

This would allow you to slow down the other team without being murderers. Zombies could still easily come along and finish off any who are left unconscious, though!

Ok, I'm getting crazy here... carry on! Watchmen02
10-17-2017, 04:38 PM
Great Topic hero vs hero would add additional tension to the Game.
Jeffd some interesting ideas( it's amazing what booze can inspire).

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-17-2017, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the rule ideas, I think I'll try and make a scenario or two and start tweaking them for my next board game night (Halloween will be good times).
10-18-2017, 11:48 PM
I would like to play hero vs hero vs zombie e.g. you have a mission to complete with zombie player trying to stop you, but also another set of heroes also racing to complete same mission. I'm planning on using my Walking Dead characters minis in LNOE and you could have a team of good guys, a team of villains and all the zombies. So either a 3 player game with a player per faction, or 6 players comprising of three pairs. I was thinking of using the IFOS crossover rules with the human villains taking the place of the martians so they would have the similar victory conditions as the heroes. But would need to tweak this for other scenarios.
10-21-2017, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2017 04:03 PM by samuraitrev.)
I too would like to see a dark Scenario with the LNoE characters vs. Zombies vs. a Ruthless Gang
10-27-2017, 10:02 PM
Making it a 3v3 or 4v4 with the zombies as the third side would be interesting. I've currently got an every man for himself scenario set up in my other topic, but I haven't yet put a whole lot of thought into how to go about doing a team vs team game. I think a different goal for each team would be a solid start. Maybe have one team be a "Salvage" team arriving to loot the town for supplies, while the other team is looking to fortify the town and outlast, so each team is fighting for the goods in town. So one team's mission is sort of like a mix between Supply Run and Escape in the Truck, while the other team is more along the lines of Defend the Manor and Hunker Down.
10-29-2017, 12:35 AM
I've just bought a copy of mall madness of eBay to play the Last Night at the Mall scenario on BGG and I thought this could work as PvPvZ scenario: two teams racing each other to be the first to collect the required amount of items and escape in the truck before the other one does and zombie player trying to stop both teams from doing so.