Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about Growing Hunger
02-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Question about Growing Hunger
Hey guys,

Obviously, I'm new here. I have recently purchased LNoE and am loving it. I have been looking into/reading up on the Growing Hunger expansion, but I have a few questions.

How well does the expansion mesh with the original game? To be a little more specific, does the new content (additional zombies/cards/characters/etc..) implement well into the original scenarios?

Is the new content on par, power wise, for lack of a better term, with the original content, or are the new characters and cards improved over the old ones?

I noticed it said the zombies are new red zombies... Do they have special abilities that the original zombies do not?

If these questions are answered, as well as any other information you think that is noteworthy, I'd appreciate it. Thanks to all in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2009, 02:11 AM
RE: Question about Growing Hunger
Yes. GH is very much worth it. The new scenarios, maps, and characters all fit perfectly with the existing stuff.

There are some rules/suggestions in the GH book to help balance issues (for instance if you zombie player is too damn good)

The red zombies are considered 'plague' zombies, and do have some additional abilities and rules.

In all, it just gives you much more options to play LNoE, without changing the crux of the game.

Get it! You won't be disappointed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Agreed. Just got Growing Hunger (as well as Stock Up and Revenge of the Dead) and I like very much.

There's also a neat two player minigame called Alone in the Dark that you can string into a larger game.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
02-19-2009, 04:18 PM
That's something I'd like to do, but haven't done yet.

Stringing along scenarios and making a whole campaign out of playing.

How cool would it be to have your Hero's (if they survive) carry over weapons and items to the next scenario....

I really gotta try that.
02-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah. That *would* be rather cool.

Out of curiosity, SuperVike, do you ever go to BoardGameGeek? A guy posted a scenario on there called LNOE: The Movie which I haven't had a chance to try yet, but it is set up in the classic three act structure, with the scenario you play in each act branching off of the result of the previous act.

It LOOKS cool, though.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
02-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks for your replies.

That's another thing I wanted to ask... could you guys recommend a site where they post scenarios to try out?
Find all posts by this user
02-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Don't question it. Get Growing Hunger! It integrates perfectly into to the game and expands it rather well. The only downside to it is the "heroes lose all their cards" victory condition for the zombie players is harder to achieve -- but I don't think the zombies need any more help.
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Frankly, the "discard" victory condition is my least favorite anyway...so I call that a plus.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/29368

That is the listing for Last Night on Earth for BoardGameGeek. There are scenarios both on the forum there, as well as for download. I go there for the content, I come here for the conversation...=)

02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
I'd love to get more content here... that's a problem I've been having...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
02-19-2009, 09:04 PM
I will work on some stuff...see what I can do...and I'll make it TheZombieGame.com exclusive.

Now, whether that will turn out to be a good thing or a bad thing for the site is up to you...=)