Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about Plague Carriers and Zombie Heroes
02-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Smile Question about Plague Carriers and Zombie Heroes
I recently purchased the Growing Hunger Expansion and played the "Plague Carriers" scenario. This is the one that uses Red Zombies that have two health boxes. Do cards like the signal flare that say, the zombie is "killed" or "instantly killed" affect the Red Zombies?

Also can someone better explain the rules for Zombie Heroes . I know that if a Hero dies anytime in the black zone they become a Zombie Hero, and if that is thier last Hero they get a new one. Is that it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2010, 10:26 PM
RE: Question about Plague Carriers and Zombie Heroes
From the LONE rulebook page 19 "If a card used on a Zombie Hero says that the Zombie is 'Killed'. automatically fill all of their remaining Health boxes with Wound Markers."
02-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:Also can someone better explain the rules for Zombie Heroes . I know that if a Hero dies anytime in the black zone they become a Zombie Hero, and if that is thier last Hero they get a new one. Is that it?
Hi,
You got it right Watchmen02

Death of a hero :
- In the black zone a hero becomes zombie hero.
- If it is the last hero of that player then the player draws a new hero. (so if there are 4 hero players then it is always their last hero Watchmen02 )

Just to point out :
In some scenarios players always draw a new hero when one dies.
In some scenarios heroes always become zombie heroes when they die no matter the black zone.
(mostly in expansions)

cheers Watchmen02
06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
The situations where a hero becomes a Zombie Hero and where a new hero can be drawn are always the same.

- When a hero dies when the Sun Tracker is in the black zone, he turns into a Zombie Hero AND a new hero is drawn.
- When a player's last hero dies, he draws a new one AND the hero becomes a Zombie Hero.

The only time this isn't the case is if you're using the optional rule that heroes killed with explosives can't become Zombie Heroes. In that case, one might happen without the other.
01-05-2011, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 12:01 AM by vikinglad.)
I found this thread while trying to find an answer to a question that came up last night. I played the "Hero's Rage" card, which says:

"Play on any Hero that has 2 or more Zombies in their space. Until the start of the next Hero Turn, that Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice and Kills any Zombie beaten in a fight, even if no doubles were rolled."

I then used the fencepost to one-hit-kill a plague zombie with one huge swoop! This sounds legit to me, right? My wife felt a little cheated by this. The rule book says this is true for Zombie Heroes, but it seems like this would extend to any multi-wound foes?

Does this mean I could one-hit-kill the Jason Voorhees boss in the gallery section with the meat cleaver? Insane01
01-05-2011, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 12:42 AM by mqstout.)
Yes, you are right. However, if you look around, you'll find it's more a product of fence post. There's some animosity towards that item.

Do remember that even immediate kills can have their wounds prevented, since kill means "fill all wounds". If you prevent any wounds, it survives.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Question RE: Question about Plague Carriers and Zombie Heroes
I have a question about this scenario (Plague Carriers). In the rules spells: "Plague Carriers are never returned to the Zombie Pool and do not count toward the number of Zombies on the board for rolling to spawn."

I understand that these Red Zombies do not count when you rolling to spawn (step 3), but... Count toward the number of Zombies on the board? In the page 7 of the core rulebook says: "You can go through any number of Zombies during the game, but you can never have more than 14 Zombies on the board at once.

I assume that the Plague Carriers DO NOT count toward the number of Zombies when rolling to spawn, but DO count toward the number of Zombies on the board at once. In that case, is very difficult to the Zombie Player to protect the Plague Carriers at the start of the game, because only have 7 normal Zombies to protect the rest.

I am right?
03-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Zombie heroes loose all thei abilities they only get the health boxes and a d3 for movement (1/2 = 1, 3/4 = 2, 5/6 = 3)
If the sun tracker is in the black zone then any hero killed becomes a zombie hero.
03-09-2011, 05:56 AM
(03-08-2011 07:44 PM)Alf Zombie Wrote:  I have a question about this scenario (Plague Carriers). In the rules spells: "Plague Carriers are never returned to the Zombie Pool and do not count toward the number of Zombies on the board for rolling to spawn."

I understand that these Red Zombies do not count when you rolling to spawn (step 3), but... Count toward the number of Zombies on the board? In the page 7 of the core rulebook says: "You can go through any number of Zombies during the game, but you can never have more than 14 Zombies on the board at once.

I assume that the Plague Carriers DO NOT count toward the number of Zombies when rolling to spawn, but DO count toward the number of Zombies on the board at once. In that case, is very difficult to the Zombie Player to protect the Plague Carriers at the start of the game, because only have 7 normal Zombies to protect the rest.

I am right?

Someone who knows the answer?
03-09-2011, 06:18 AM
(03-09-2011 05:56 AM)Alf Zombie Wrote:  
(03-08-2011 07:44 PM)Alf Zombie Wrote:  I have a question about this scenario (Plague Carriers). In the rules spells: "Plague Carriers are never returned to the Zombie Pool and do not count toward the number of Zombies on the board for rolling to spawn."

I am right?

Someone who knows the answer?

when we play, the plague carriers do not count towards the number of zombies on the board, so you can have 14 regular zombies plus the red ones. since they can't move unless a hero gets close they aren't really dangerous, if you are careful.

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.