Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about the zombies' hand of cards
07-13-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: Question about the zombies' hand of cards
Thanks again, everybody, for the clarification. Thanks, as well, to LFuzer for throwing in another question for further clarification. ;-) Always good to know the rules as specifically as possible. Especially now that I am in recruiting mode as of late, getting newbies into the game. LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2012, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 10:07 PM by sean of the dead.)
I've read all the posts above, and I think my wife Sophia and I have been doing this correct, We generally have one Zombie master (her) she:-

1) Moves sun marker
2) Plays any "at the start of zombie turn cards"
3) Discards 1 card if she wishes to
4) Draws back to 4 cards
5) Plays any play immediately
etc

I also have a question about the zombies first go...

1) Move the sun track marker - We place it on the ruler
2) Draw new zombie cards - We play any play immediately and do not draw back to 4 cards
3) Roll to spawn new zombies - there are none on so we negate this step (scenario follows that challenges this)
4) move zombies - there be none boss, themz all burried
5) Fight heroes - umm nope..
6) Place newly spawned zombies - We then roll 2D6 (one zombie master) and spawn the appropriate number as per rules.

^^ is that correct? because...

The other nightwe played The Secret Funeral (awsome scenario) and when Sophia grabbed her cards there was a "Taken Over" card, she then rolled a random building and spawned 6 zombies.0
She then rolled to spawn on step 3) and rolled a 5, oh how I laughed (she didn't find it so funny) she obviously can't move them on step 4) cause of the "Taken Over" rules, and since she rolled a 5 with 6 zombies on the board didn't get to spawn any new zombies, as a result started her 2nd go with 6 zombies all in one corner of the board leaving me free to pillage building.

She lost the scenario btw and blames the "Taken Over" card since her 2nd go to spawn new zombies she mannaged to roll a 4 (I didn't laugh that time, but litterally bit my tounge)

/discuss

Cheers

Sean

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't
07-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Sounds like you didn't play by the rules and ignored an important part of the setup phase: Place starting zombies (2D6 zombies). Without the zeds the first zombie turn wouldn't make much sense. And don't forget, these guys can move during the first zombie turn!

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Just reread the setup rules, not sure how I missed that, thank you for pointing that out, makes much more sense now, the heroes always seem to have a slight edge in our house, hopefully this will sort that out.

Apart from that, is the rest correct?

Many thanks
Sean

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't
07-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Just looking through the steps it looks like you where too spawn eager.

(07-18-2012 10:06 PM)sean of the dead Wrote:  1) Move the sun track marker - We place it on the ruler
2) Draw new zombie cards - We play any play immediately and do not draw back to 4 cards
3) Roll to spawn new zombies - there are none on so we negate this step (scenario follows that challenges this)
4) move zombies - there be none boss, themz all burried
5) Fight heroes - umm nope..
6) Place newly spawned zombies - We then roll 2D6 (one zombie master) and spawn the appropriate number as per rules.

Step 3) You roll 2D6 and check if the number is higher than the zombies already on the board. You should have at least two zeds at this point!
Step 6) You now only get to spawn D6 (D3 when you share the post with another zombie player) zombies at this step if you rolled higher in step three.

I hope this helps.

07-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Brilliant, thankyou ScaryDK, When I first got the game I was so eager to play I read through the book as we were going, must of misread and played like that ever since, Reading back through them after you put me right has brought another point to light I was going to ask, I think I'll take 10mins later on today and reread the Rulebook just to make sure.

Thanks again.

07-19-2012, 11:29 AM
No problem. The rules are simple to read through but the game flows so well that you can easily play with the wrong rules. Believe me, it took me quite some time to get a hang on the spawning part and I too still get corrected even though I have played quite a few games of LNoE over the past years. Also there are many strategies to tackle once you learn the ways of Woodinvale. Hope you have lots of fun.