Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question for all you ATOE players
03-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Question for all you ATOE players
So I was just wondering and could not find it with a quick internet search, how big is the game board for ATOE when you use Somthing Wicked and The Coast. Is it 3 feet long and 1 foot tall? It looks hugh. I am mostly wondering because the wife wants to get a new coffee table and I am trying to figure out the size I should talk her into so my game group can play all the great Flying Frog games on it.

You know I think I might have a problem when I choose things based on how useful they well be to my boardgaming habit.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: Question for all you ATOE players
The three boards are the same size, which I make 42cms (16 1/2") square. BUT you've also go to factor in the cards which take up a lot of room. Some cards can be stacked off table, but the character sheets with Location / Event cards are best kept close by.
03-16-2013, 03:20 PM
ATOE with its expansions isn't a coffee table game. It's not even a dinner table game for most dinner tables. It's huge.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2013, 01:57 PM
I have a six person fold-out buffet table and three boards with all the cards and the player/villain cards, just barely fit. I would think the best table would be approximately 40 X 70 for the full game as it is now.
03-18-2013, 06:42 PM
ATOE can occupy as much if not more space as AH.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2013, 09:50 PM
So what you guys are saying I well need a giant table to play this game with all the exspantions.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
03-19-2013, 04:26 PM
I think it best to have a 6 person table for all three boards.

Otherwise you may need to keep cards and markers off to the side somewhere.