Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question regarding "line of sight."
08-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Question regarding "line of sight."
So, it could be that I just forget, and this is spelled out exactly in the rulebook. I have been playing so long now and haven't really looked back at the rulebook in a while.

However, I do not recall ever seeing anything specific to "line of sight." In other words, take this scenario for example:

Your hero has the hunting rifle (range of 5). You are either outside, or against a wall, and happen to be within 5 spaces of a zombie. They are not inside a building, so that is not hiding them. However.... if you technically drew a straight line from your space to where the zombie is, it would go through a building. In other words, technically, in real life, you would not have "line of sight" on them. It isn't like your vision could turn the corner of a building. LOL! Though, in the particular example I have in mind, they are actually within 5 spaces that are outside of a building. In other words, if you were walking towards them, you could do it in 5 spaces without going through the building, but technically from the space you are standing on, they would be blocked from your sight by the building.

In this case, does that mean you cannot shoot the zombie? I really don't recall their being a specific rule about line of sight in Last Night On Earth. Well, other than that if they are in a building, you cannot see them unless you are against the wall of said building. I know line of sight is a big part of Zombicide, but don't recall that in LNOE.

Though, honestly, I would assume that you should still go by line of sight. After all, that would make the most sense. Plus, now that I think of it, I probably answered my own question. You can't see through a wall unless you are standing against it, so I think that would kind of answer that. But, please fill me in if anybody knows this for a fact.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: Question regarding "line of sight."
LOS is largely explained in one of the call-out boxes in the rule book.
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....ed_Attacks

Yes, walls (which include doors! Doors only matter for movement) block LOS unless you're adjacent to that wall.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: Question regarding "line of sight."
Okay, thank you. I thought that may have been the case, but I couldn't remember anything specific to line of sight. I definitely remembered that you can't see to a zombie inside a building unless you are against the wall, but I couldn't recall if the rulebook specifically stated that line of sight mattered. Logically, it obviously should, but I hadn't thought I remembered it specifically being mentioned. Glad to know what I assumed was correct anyway, since I pretty much assumed you should still take it into account.
Find all posts by this user