Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
first-time rules clarifications
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
first-time rules clarifications
I finally broke FANG out of the box and played it (two player, quickstart rules) and these are the things that came up most that we had to reference the long form rules for:

* Skill Tests -- You roll ALL of your Adventure Dice each time until you accrue enough successes or you get no successes. It is NOT "reroll failures until you get no new successes". This was a very uncharacteristically-FFP poorly done part of the rules.
* "Immobile" Ally (http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...e-Allies).
* Passing a cliffhanger counts as passing the danger; you may Press On or Camp Down afterwards.
* Defense applies to any source of "hits", not just fighting. (Such as when someone sends a Blizzard event on you while you're in Russia...)
* All wounds heal whenever you're on an adventure and Camp Down, or when you recover from KO. Otherwise, you have to pay glory to heal them; they ARE persistent across turns if neither of these events remove them. (I disliked this! I found myself wanting to hunt an artifact just to camp down so I could heal without spending glory on it.)
* There was a danger card that was TEST and TEST or FIGHT. It wasn't initially clear, but the "or fight" is separate from the "test and test". (IE, it wasn't TEST and (TEST or FIGHT)).
* If in a space with an artifact, you must go on your adventure to collect it; you cannot roll the die as if you were in an empty space.
* If you're KOed, you return to your starting location.
* You must return to your starting location to win!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply