Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quick question on # of cards
04-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Quick question on # of cards
SO the most you can start any game with for both decks in 60 each?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: Quick question on # of cards
(04-07-2013 08:25 PM)Cloaker Wrote:  SO the most you can start any game with for both decks in 60 each?

You can use as many cards as you'd like. Once you start buying more and more expansions you're going to end up with a lot more than 60 cards.

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
04-07-2013, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 08:34 PM by Cloaker.)
So how does that affect play? Since there are a limited number of turns, do you get through them all? does it prolong the game in anyway? Less cards less time?

(04-07-2013 08:32 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  
(04-07-2013 08:25 PM)Cloaker Wrote:  SO the most you can start any game with for both decks in 60 each?

You can use as many cards as you'd like. Once you start buying more and more expansions you're going to end up with a lot more than 60 cards.

Also, what is the total number of available hero cards and total number of available zombie cards? Thanks for your help!
04-07-2013, 10:55 PM
The mix of cards from expansions is pretty well balanced and I've had no problems in the way the game runs. I currently have combined the base set, growing hunger, timber peak and hero pack 1. Other stuff in the post too Watchmen02
Not sure but I think somewhere on the forum was a list of available cards......or I may have imagined it?
My biggest challenge was finding suitable holder/dispenser for the decks as I am such a nerd I have sleeved them all too...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Hi. I have about 110 hero cards, that make up their deck. Since the deck is so large, I have troubles making them draw their final hero card.

My Zombie Deck can discard about 40 + hero cards.

I love Jake, Search you fool, search !!!

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I have over 100 hero cards also. It seems the only time that I can deck the heroes is if they are new players and think Jake has the coolest ability and start using it with things like the flash light.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
04-11-2013, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 11:13 PM by friskers96.)
I always stood up for a trimmed deck so the zeds could deck them. People always shoot it down though. problem with trimming it down, besides having to separate all the cards, you'll probably unbalance the deck for one side or another inadvertently. I now roll the 100+ big baller deck with no sleeves. I'll get sleeves just as soon as I get the tower of Piza and the Washington monument to hold em up.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-16-2013, 02:14 PM
I was contemplating adding a "score track" next to the play board that is numbered up to 60. Every time a card is taken off of the hero deck you move the score track up one. When it reaches 60 the zombie player(s) are eligible to win by the deck depletion condition. We play with all expansions and there wil NEVER be any chance of that deck running out. With my score track idea you do not have to trim your deck at all.
What do you think?
05-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Hi, its a double edged sword. The deck has as many cards as there is. If you start removing cards from the decks it will alter the balance.

Yes, i agree. It is very very difficult to win by flipping the last hero card.

Either dont add the expansion cards, or win a different way. By...like eating those yummy brains Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
05-16-2013, 09:50 PM
(04-07-2013 08:32 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  

Here is a link to the wiki page that has all the cards that are currently available for Last Night on Earth.

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._Card_List

It is all inclusive in that it not only includes the Hero and Zombie decks, but also has all the other decks for Advanced Abilities, Hero and Zombie Upgrades (Timber Peak), Grave Dead, Unique Items, and Survival Tactics (Survival of the Fittest).

"...there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust."