Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rachelle's starting location
09-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Rachelle's starting location
I'm sure this question has popped up elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Why is Rachelle's starting location random? Are there any other heroes with random starting locations, or is she the only one? Do you see any problem with having her start in the police station like the sheriff?

It may be important to note that I don't have Timber Peak.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Rachelle's starting location
She's an out-of-town detective come in to Woodinvale to check things out. That's why she's random.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Stacy starts in a random location too. She's just paparazzi getting into all kinds of random places trying to get that scoop!Zombie17

She is available in Hero Pack 1
09-25-2013, 03:17 AM
Okay, if there's a theme related reason and other heroes also start in a random location, I guess there's no reason to change it. I was just a little concerned because that means she never starts in the middle, but if I had a reason why that should matter, I already forgot it. Thanks for the info.
09-25-2013, 07:29 AM
(09-25-2013 03:17 AM)Mello Man Wrote:  Okay, if there's a theme related reason and other heroes also start in a random location, I guess there's no reason to change it. I was just a little concerned because that means she never starts in the middle, but if I had a reason why that should matter, I already forgot it. Thanks for the info.

General rule of thumb... the "out of towners" have the random allocation, whereas the Woodinvale folk get the centre square.

With the "out of towners" having a pre-determined purpose to be in Woodinvale without actually being familiar with it, I'm satisfied with the logic and believe it thematically fits.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
09-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Another reason Heroes start in random buildings is that Hero will always have the option to Search from their 1st Turn onwards. Although there's the possibility of Hero's or Zombie's choice.

Heroes who don't have their start location will have to make their way to a building. This potentially could take more than 1 turn if they get low rolls. Worse with Heavy Rain off the bat!