Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Random Questions
12-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Random Questions
Hey all, just wondering about a couple things, as my group is going to be playing ATOE tonight.

1) When you purchase a Lair card in Co-Op mode, can anyone in the party activate it, or only the buyer? If only the buyer activate it, does that mean everyone can own a lair card of their own? Also, can you replace the card if you don't like it buy buying another lair?

2) Are there any movement or combat alternative variants out there to avoid overall dicerolling? I was thinking of allowing you do deal 1 automatic damage by removing 3 dice, at the cost of the enemies getting the right to do the same, but then Karl's ability would be too OP. For Movement, I'm considering a rule of Roll a d6, or move either 1 or 3. Opinions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012, 02:56 AM
RE: Random Questions
(12-18-2012 01:39 AM)Bokya Wrote:  1) When you purchase a Lair card in Co-Op mode, can anyone in the party activate it, or only the buyer? If only the buyer activate it, does that mean everyone can own a lair card of their own? Also, can you replace the card if you don't like it buy buying another lair?

This will help with your #1:

"The intent is that the entire group as a whole has a single Lair card slot. Any Hero may pay the cost to buy a Lair card, but you can only have one for the entire group at a time. You CAN buy more than one Lair card, but you must immediately decide one to discard and one to keep (and yes, you can pay for a new one and then decide to keep your old one)." (Jason Hill 4/10/09 BGG)
12-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Great answer, ATOEtalGeek. I didn't know you could buy a new lair card if you didn't like the one you got. This is great for villains like the Bog Fiend that get a boost at certain locations.

As for Bokya's second question, you could always run away to avoid dice rolling, but isn't rolling dice part of the fun?
12-19-2012, 01:02 AM
(12-19-2012 12:25 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Great answer, ATOEtalGeek. I didn't know you could buy a new lair card if you didn't like the one you got. This is great for villains like the Bog Fiend that get a boost at certain locations.

It can cut both ways. In one session I got a Lair that favored the particular Villain. I bought another that was also unfavorable. I think I ended up buying 3 or 4 Lairs total. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
12-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Got my game and we had a total blast. Went with the 3 move, or Die roll rule and I think my group was very happy with that. We enjoyed kicking the Vampire's butt using Von Took, Witch Hunter, and the Inspector. Although I wasn't too happy when I opened the box to see Two Valeria's, and zero Priests. I'm sure contacting FFG will resolve the issue, though. Watchmen02

Just to Followup, is the 'getting knocked out' penalty only 1d6 investigation, allies or items? Because it seems to me that the penalty isn't that hurtful when playing Resource generator heroes like we did.
12-19-2012, 07:30 AM
(12-19-2012 05:34 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Although I wasn't too happy when I opened the box to see Two Valeria's, and zero Priests.

I'll take two Valeria's over a Monk any day. Freak02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
12-19-2012, 07:52 AM
(12-19-2012 07:30 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  
(12-19-2012 05:34 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Although I wasn't too happy when I opened the box to see Two Valeria's, and zero Priests.

I'll take two Valeria's over a Monk any day. Freak02
---MSWatchmen01

Not when one of the Valeria's looks like a Monk when moving around the board. :p

Despite that error, orders have been placed for the coast, and both hero packs. Zombie17 Im excited.
12-19-2012, 03:49 PM
(12-19-2012 05:34 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Just to Followup, is the 'getting knocked out' penalty only 1d6 investigation, allies or items? Because it seems to me that the penalty isn't that hurtful when playing Resource generator heroes like we did.

In the original game it was very damaging. I agree with you with SW and TC, it seems losing 6 investigation isn't that bad anymore. I have played recently that just items or allies, makes a little more incentive to stay alive.
12-20-2012, 06:10 AM
When we start a Showdown against a boss in a co-op game and flee, do the other players have a turn to act, or does it automatically become the enemies turn?
12-20-2012, 09:56 PM
(12-20-2012 06:10 AM)Bokya Wrote:  When we start a Showdown against a boss in a co-op game and flee, do the other players have a turn to act, or does it automatically become the enemies turn?

In Co-Op Showdown, when one Hero initiates the Showdown, all the other Heroes have a chance to join as well. When the Showdown begins, Each Hero present fights one simultaneous round of combat vs the Villain around the table starting with the First Player.

So if a Hero flees, play then passes to the next player, who takes their turn (or Showdown Fight Round if present at the Showdown.)

Hope that makes sense! Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01