Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Random or choose?
Random Scenarios, Boards and Characters?
Choose everything
A combination of the two (e.g. random boards, choose characters)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Random games or players choose?
06-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Random games or players choose?
So I was just thinking. I always push for going for random games myself as every game is different but I'm sure some folks prefer to customise their character, board, scenario choices to suit their playing style. So the question is.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

If you want to see how I get my games random check out a previous thread. It's got all 21 scenarios. It's here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...h-scenario

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2011, 05:50 PM
RE: Random games or players choose?
We just have the Zombie players shuffle the scenarios/heroes and let the heroes draw, "pick a card" style. Makes it easier to pull out scenarios we don't like (e.g. Die Zombies Die is way too simple for us) or characters that we've gotten too much recently.
06-10-2011, 06:44 PM
We use Generators to randomly select Heroes/Villains for just about all Games we play.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-10-2011, 09:21 PM
It's been awhile since I played, but we always go with randomly selected scenarios and heros'.

Although it seems I get that annoying Priest every damn time!

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2011, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2011 10:35 PM by vikinglad.)
We usually do everything random, but we generally throw Billy back once. You have to be him the second time you draw him, though. We also pick board tiles specifically so the pick-ups make the game easier/harder.
06-11-2011, 06:30 AM
I'm always the Zombie player, but then we pick the characters at random. Or sometimes pick the characters.

And the scenario is sometimes random, but if a player wants or doesn't want a specific one, we usually don't care. As long as we're playing, that's really all that matters. =)
06-30-2011, 05:27 PM
So far, my group always chooses heroes and scenarios, then I'll shuffle up the "L" pieces and fan them out to let each player (4-player group) draw one "L" piece at random.
07-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Normally we do random everything, but sometimes we just want a scenario that we haven't done in a while, or if we've been drawing the same characters over and over we'll take those out.
07-04-2011, 07:31 PM
When I play, I usually Choose a scenario, then random the boards and random heroes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-25-2011, 01:02 PM
(07-04-2011 07:59 AM)atramagus Wrote:  Normally we do random everything, but sometimes we just want a scenario that we haven't done in a while, or if we've been drawing the same characters over and over we'll take those out.
same here: tiles are random, scenarios are quite random (sometimes we choose a scenario or dischard the already played ones), heroes are chosen only if we think the scenario will be difficult (and in that case there will always be the priest+Becky combo)

(06-10-2011 09:21 PM)supervike Wrote:  Although it seems I get that annoying Priest every damn time!
annoying? It's one of the most powerful heroes