Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[split] Destroying buildings
09-23-2011, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2011 01:21 AM by Pred.)
[split] Destroying buildings
This is off topic to whats being discussed but can you in ANY game destroy buildings?

or is that only for that one scenario?

just asking because I read in a post earlier and I personally have never tried to destroy buildings

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2011, 02:12 AM
RE: Ranged weapons - searches and exchanges in Gun Shop/Police Station
Pred, Just the one scenario. The closest otherwise is "Taken Over" which prevents searching there (but may be canceled whenever they get a cancel event...)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2011, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2011 02:22 AM by Pred.)
[/quote]'Zed's dead baby'
In all honesty, in the game it occurred in I don't recall the Hero player firing the shotgun twice in any one turn, what frustrated me was the fact that he could lose it and then immediately pick it up with another Hero, but there's no way of overcoming that without destroying/taking-over the building. Mulling over it later it occurred to me that he could have fired twice and I wouldn't have been able to say he couldn't as I didn't have a good understanding of the rule.
[/quote]

OK thanks, just making sure because when I read this it just got me wondering if you could.

If you were to add this rule to a scenario what do you guys think the dots would be in the dots system? (destroying a building)

09-23-2011, 01:28 PM
'Zed's dead baby'
In all honesty, in the game it occurred in I don't recall the Hero player firing the shotgun twice in any one turn, what frustrated me was the fact that he could lose it and then immediately pick it up with another Hero, but there's no way of overcoming that without destroying/taking-over the building. Mulling over it later it occurred to me that he could have fired twice and I wouldn't have been able to say he couldn't as I didn't have a good understanding of the rule.
[/quote]

OK thanks, just making sure because when I read this it just got me wondering if you could.

If you were to add this rule to a scenario what do you guys think the dots would be in the dots system? (destroying a building)
[/quote]

Hi Pred, I have wondered and wanted to destroy buildings as well. I think it would change the game to much. It would permenantly remove the building from the game, which i like Watchmen02 Could you destroy a building with a numbered counter in it ? If a senario search item was in the building and it was detroyed, so was the search item ? I could basically start destroying the town, leaving the Hero's with no where to search. ( awwww, look at the sad little Heroes ) I'd have to go 6 or 8 dots.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-23-2011, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2011 01:44 PM by thanatos.)
Given that the building pickups can often make the difference between winning and losing for the heroes, I'm tempted to say 2-3 dots. At the same time, though, I think it would be a good counter-rule to well-stocked buildings (e.g., you shouldn't use one without also using the other), which is only 1 dot.

I think, though, that barricades would need to be in play, too, since a fully barricaded building can't be taken over (or, by theoretical extension, destroyed), so maybe this rule's cost should equal the cost of well-stocked buildings (1 dot) PLUS barricades (2 dots), for a total of 3 dots.

Based on PJon's musings, I'd also say that any scenario where specific buildings MUST be searched would have to start out with those buildings already fully barricaded to prevent abuse.
09-23-2011, 02:34 PM
RE: [split] Destroying buildings
Hi, I like that idea. A counter to Well Stocked is the Ability to Destroy a building.

09-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Cool, sounds like we might have a new idea for custom scenarios!

I totally agree that if used in a scenario with buildings that may have number counters in them or for some reason need to stay in a scenario, it shouldn't be allowed to be destroyed. I can see where this could get abused.

09-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Me and a friend are designing a scenario that includes C-4 as a new explosive and one of our ideas was if it was used in a building it has a chance to blow up the building. Thus destroying all zombies and heroes inside, the building basically gets taken over and the spawn pits inside are destroyed.
09-23-2011, 09:31 PM
(09-23-2011 03:03 PM)Pred Wrote:  Cool, sounds like we might have a new idea for custom scenarios!

I totally agree that if used in a scenario with buildings that may have number counters in them or for some reason need to stay in a scenario, it shouldn't be allowed to be destroyed. I can see where this could get abused.

...shhhhh
see if the hero player is slick, they wont search for the counter, lets say in the gun shop until all others are searched. keeping the gun shop safe from taken over or destruction...... thats what i learned last night too...