Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sucker Punch!!!
04-21-2011, 12:39 PM
RE: Sucker Punch!!!
(04-20-2011 09:22 PM)Sarku Wrote:  I understand your take and I agree with you on the risk aspect. (Although there was some risk involved, if you remember). But, in the end, who cares? To me, it didn't matter about the whole lack of risk. All of the battles were a site to behold!!! It was the ride I enjoyed. That's the beauty of the movie.

I'd liken it to McFarlane's "Spider-Man" title. It was 95% style and 5% substance. But, boy did I eat it up!

I don't mind when there's a tad more style over substance, as long as other areas make up for it - Gladiator, 300, but to be honest I think this one is the Clash of the Titans for 2011, but hey I guess there's another 7ish months to go to change my mind on that score!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2011, 04:44 AM
RE: Sucker Punch!!!
I just watched it last week and thought it was awesome. Maybe it was because of all the negative reviews, my standards were very low. I was pleasantly surprised. Sure I didn't like the ending, but I was rooting for baby.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply