Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remains In Play
04-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Remains In Play
Hi - just finished a solo game of ATOE just to get a feel for the rules etc. Villain was the vampire. By the end of the game there were about 5 or 6 "remains in play" mystery cards which were hammering my hero. Is this normal or does a new "remains in play" mystery card displace an old one? Looking through the Event deck there aren't many cards which cancel a "remains in play" mystery card so if I'm doing things right the heroes are severely hampered by the end of the game. Any thoughts/comments?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2011, 01:33 AM
RE: Remains In Play
Well, the weather ones replace one another.

Also, any card that can cancel a mystery can cancel a RIP one. RIP cards are a subset of all Mystery cards.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Yep - that's how i was playing it (weather RIP replace eachother), however it seems there are far more Mystery RIP than cards to cancel them, leading to a build up of RIP by the end phases of the game.
04-05-2011, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2011 10:35 AM by vikinglad.)
I think it may have just been the shuffle. There have been games that I feel like I get attacked by minions during the mystery phase the whole time (stupid horseman and his infernal galloping through town!). The games usually have a fair amount of variety, though.
04-21-2011, 08:59 PM
The problem with RIP´s may be solved in a easier way, depending on which hero you´re playing ofcourse. Using Brother Marcus and the actor Danforths special abilities can be very be beneficial