Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remains in play
05-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Remains in play
Do the hero cards that remove a zombie card that remains in play remove the effects of Taken Over and Lights Out? I could see the power coming back on thematically, but the taken over effect is a little different.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: Remains in play
(05-06-2013 08:10 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  Do the hero cards that remove a zombie card that remains in play remove the effects of Taken Over and Lights Out? I could see the power coming back on thematically, but the taken over effect is a little different.

Yes they do. I like to think of it as that the heroes are no longer afraid to enter that building and search due to some info they found, inspiration of courage, thinking there are not as many zombies in the building as before, or whatever your imagination can come up with.

"...there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust."
Find all posts by this user
05-07-2013, 07:10 PM
(05-06-2013 08:28 PM)Bloated One Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 08:10 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  Do the hero cards that remove a zombie card that remains in play remove the effects of Taken Over and Lights Out? I could see the power coming back on thematically, but the taken over effect is a little different.

Yes they do. I like to think of it as that the heroes are no longer afraid to enter that building and search due to some info they found, inspiration of courage, thinking there are not as many zombies in the building as before, or whatever your imagination can come up with.

That is definitely a good way to explain it thematically. Like, maybe the heroes figure that with them keeping away from the building for a while, the zombies probably started to venture out looking for a meal of some tasty brains, so it should be a little safer to go in.

Though, for the record, I tend to find stuff like "Lights Out" and "Taken Over" not to be worth wasting those cards or Father Joseph's ability, generally speaking. They aren't really all that harmful to the heroes unless they need to get into the building for any reason. Like, if it had a particularly helpful pick-up ability, I could see wanting to cancel them. Otherwise it doesn't hurt much to just avoid the building.
05-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Very usefull when every Police Shotgun is in the discard pile and the Police Station is Taken over... Thats my UBER WEAPON!! MUA HA HA HA HA!!

Sorry... It excites me... Watchmen02

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2013, 07:57 PM
(05-07-2013 08:15 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  Very usefull when every Police Shotgun is in the discard pile and the Police Station is Taken over... Thats my UBER WEAPON!! MUA HA HA HA HA!!

LOL! Indeed. See that is one of the situations were Taken Over or Lights Out may actually be beneficial to use. However, I have found in my game sessions, it seems like more often than not the Zombie Player(s) tend to just play those cards as soon as they draw them just to get them out of their hand, because they tend not to help much.
05-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Zombie22
(05-08-2013 07:57 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 08:15 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  Very usefull when every Police Shotgun is in the discard pile and the Police Station is Taken over... Thats my UBER WEAPON!! MUA HA HA HA HA!!

LOL! Indeed. See that is one of the situations were Taken Over or Lights Out may actually be beneficial to use. However, I have found in my game sessions, it seems like more often than not the Zombie Player(s) tend to just play those cards as soon as they draw them just to get them out of their hand, because they tend not to help much.

When I play zombies I usually like to play this card if the hero is deep into a big building (like the High School or Gym) as it will slow them down to "zombie speed" as I crowd the door entrances and buildings with my Horde. Also good for using on buildings where hero's need to specifically go to to accomplish something for a scenario.

The key for me though is that I love to embelish (using my 1 quarter of high school acting) when I play the card, making it seem like this will be the worst thing that is happening to the heroes in the game thus far.

Watchmen02

"...there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust."
05-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I have actually used them for that as well. It often helps if you have a big building. Especially if you happen to use the card that utilizes the Taken Over marker while also allowing you to place zombies from your zombie pool in each empty space. Then that REALLY can come in handy.

Or, if you get the one that just lets you take over a building and place a new spawning pit, it is nice if it is a building near the middle of the board to give you more coverage on spawns, or close to a certain objective point or something that the heroes will need.
05-10-2013, 12:23 AM
I love using lights out to trap heroes. This works best with scenarios like get to the truck where the heroes have to get to a specific spot to win. I well block off the board so they have to cut through a building, and then play lights out on it to trap them. This works even better if you have a locked door to hit them with once they try to get out.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille