Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
05-30-2014, 03:33 AM
Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
There is talk going on about remaking the vassal mod to be useful, so I propose creating a drop box account so that we can edit and add all the files we need on the fly, while keeping anything copyright off of this site, and held in the hands of people who actually own the material. I personally own all expansions except Blood Forest, and thats in the mail. If people want to help out, please email me and I will share the drop box link with them. I am also going to keep it on my SVN server privately, so we will have a backup of it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
(05-30-2014 11:49 AM)aprillo Wrote:  What if instead of trying to digitally input minis, we could create circular "hero" tokens.

Circular tokens would be a great idea. We would also need zombie hero versions of the same tokens, so give that some thought.

Did you have a thought that might work for the zombie figures?
05-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Will have to see how vassal works, I cant get the mod to rebuild, apparently its a zip file
05-31-2014, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 12:47 PM by aprillo.)
With a little work in Photoshop I could deffinitely zombify the heroe pictures. As for the generic zombies I could grab art work from some of the zombie cards, make 7 zombie tokens, then desaturate the images and make 3 copies of each, one with an orange filter and orange ring around the edge, one green and one red. This way they have a uniform look the the heroes/zombie heroes, preserve the look on LNOE and they can easily be identified by color for instances where there are two zombie players or zombie grave dead is incorporated.

(05-30-2014 06:27 PM)knight0fdragon Wrote:  Will have to see how vassal works, I cant get the mod to rebuild, apparently its a zip file

That's a nussence, hopefully you can make it work.

Should I hold off on creating these tokens until we know it can be a reality? Or are you confident you can make it work?

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
06-01-2014, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 02:19 AM by knight0fdragon.)
(05-31-2014 12:43 PM)aprillo Wrote:  With a little work in Photoshop I could deffinitely zombify the heroe pictures. As for the generic zombies I could grab art work from some of the zombie cards, make 7 zombie tokens, then desaturate the images and make 3 copies of each, one with an orange filter and orange ring around the edge, one green and one red. This way they have a uniform look the the heroes/zombie heroes, preserve the look on LNOE and they can easily be identified by color for instances where there are two zombie players or zombie grave dead is incorporated.

(05-30-2014 06:27 PM)knight0fdragon Wrote:  Will have to see how vassal works, I cant get the mod to rebuild, apparently its a zip file

That's a nussence, hopefully you can make it work.

Should I hold off on creating these tokens until we know it can be a reality? Or are you confident you can make it work?

I got it to work, need to make sure that it doesnt create a directory on the top layer, we are good to go
06-01-2014, 02:53 AM
(06-01-2014 02:15 AM)knight0fdragon Wrote:  I got it to work, need to make sure that it doesnt create a directory on the top layer, we are good to go

Awesome. I'll get to work as soon as I can.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
06-01-2014, 09:28 PM
I am not quite sure why knightofdragon is unzipping and rezipping the module, but the module itself has no problems.

I am beginning work on the module itself tonight, as I said I would. Unless someone has decided to take that task away from me, I will continue with my planned modifications.

@aprillo we will also need one of each of the round game tokens (Lights Out, Taken Over, spawning pit, wound markers, etc.). Do you think you could handle that? It should be OK to use the real image for these tokens.

If someone else wants to take on the creation of these images so that aprillo can concentrate on the hero tokens, that would be good as well.

Nobody has volunteered to make images of the map tiles. If there are no volunteers, I will try to see if I can get to an office/print store with a larger scanner.
06-01-2014, 10:21 PM
(06-01-2014 09:28 PM)brunoreturns Wrote:  I am not quite sure why knightofdragon is unzipping and rezipping the module, but the module itself has no problems.

I am beginning work on the module itself tonight, as I said I would. Unless someone has decided to take that task away from me, I will continue with my planned modifications.

@aprillo we will also need one of each of the round game tokens (Lights Out, Taken Over, spawning pit, wound markers, etc.). Do you think you could handle that? It should be OK to use the real image for these tokens.

If someone else wants to take on the creation of these images so that aprillo can concentrate on the hero tokens, that would be good as well.

Nobody has volunteered to make images of the map tiles. If there are no volunteers, I will try to see if I can get to an office/print store with a larger scanner.

How else do you plan on importing the images lol
06-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Vassal does that by itself

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
06-02-2014, 12:10 AM
(06-01-2014 11:39 PM)brunoreturns Wrote:  Vassal does that by itself

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I dunno what version you have, but on the osx version you can only add images one at a time, and you must be crazy if you are going to do it that way.