Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
06-02-2014, 10:31 PM
RE: Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
Hey guys sorry this is late. I slept in. I realize we have the same timezone bruno, but i doubt the same sleeping schedule :P anyways here's all the hero tokens.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Heroes.zip (Size: 9.96 MB / Downloads: 5)

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Anybody need scans of expansion boards/heroes/tokens/etc. I got them all. I do not currently have photoshop though so they will be an uncropped version of them. BMP or JPEG.
I am in Central time zone so ill be able to get to work on it tonight if possible
06-02-2014, 10:48 PM
(06-02-2014 10:46 PM)DrkBlueXG Wrote:  Anybody need scans of expansion boards/heroes/tokens/etc. I got them all. I do not currently have photoshop though so they will be an uncropped version of them. BMP or JPEG.
I am in Central time zone so ill be able to get to work on it tonight if possible

yeah that would be fantastic if you could! I can do the work for the rest of them, if possible do you think you could separate them by folders for each expansion.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
06-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Sure. I'll do a high quality scan for each. Since Growing Hunger is already being done, I'll work on Survival of the Fittest tonight since that has the most tokens. Just got Blood in the Forest last week but I'll save that for last since there's not much to it except for Zombie Champions and tree boards.
06-02-2014, 11:55 PM
Awesome thank you very much

06-03-2014, 03:36 AM
Use Gimp. Its free and a great alternative to photoshop

Vassal recommends png, gif is limited to 256 colors

I am going to focus on the java capabilities of vassal. See what it can do.
06-03-2014, 08:22 AM
I did all the tokens for SotF. They are on my Google Drive uncropped. Let me know if it doesn't work.
06-03-2014, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 03:10 PM by aprillo.)
Sounds like a great plan Kinght.

With respect to your suggestion of using gimp. Prior to your mentioning of it I'd never heard of the program. And I think it's really neat that it exists. But I don't think I'll switch over. For one, I'm already familiar with Photoshop and have been using it for a few years now. So despite them being similar it would still take adjusting to get used to it. Also as far as it being free that's not an issue for me personally as I acquired photoshop cs3 from my father who works for a school. But I do think again it's awesome that something similar exists for free. The last reason is from the reviews I read it's incredible for everyday photo-editing and more than passable for more in depth photo manipulation and creation, but in the last two categories mentioned it has been noted that there are areas where it falls short. So I wouldn't see a point in throwing away something that works to learn something new-ish to me, that is less powerful. And not to bash the program either. Given the outrageous prices adobe charges for photoshop I would hope it beats the rest of the competition. As they make profits from its use and have had teams of talented people developing the software for over a decade now. With new improvements each year. I think it's fantastic that something like gimp exists but is presently not worth it for me.

06-03-2014, 03:19 PM
I think he meant the suggestion for me...

I have thought about installing gimp before, but the very minor tasks that I care to attempt are generally performed adequately using paint or an online editor.

For more complex tasks I find it better to call on someone with an affinity for photo editing Watchmen02

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
06-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Oh lol your probably right, that would make a lot more sense