Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
06-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
Basic cards with text only would likely do the job, and it wouldn't risk the wrath of the Flying Frog Lawyers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 01:11 AM
RE: Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
(06-05-2014 12:51 AM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Basic cards with text only would likely do the job, and it wouldn't risk the wrath of the Flying Frog Lawyers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...of course it would, text is subject to copyright laws, as well as the card borders.

It is hard to distribute this project "legally" no matter what we decide to do, the only thing that isn't protected is the gameplay mechanics.

What is nice about this is that the people working on it legally own the original game to my knowledge, so as long as we keep it like this we are at least protected from the lawyers.

As for the finished vassal mod, I still have no idea how this plans on being distributed and its means of being played on forums, I figure we will discuss that when we are at that point.
06-05-2014, 01:54 AM
(06-05-2014 12:44 AM)knight0fdragon Wrote:  what will you do, make generics?

Yes, using a blank template, I will simply add the title of the card.

Each player then needs to refer to their physical copy of the card in order to get the text.

That is how these Vassal modules are generally done. Since each player is required to have access to a physical copy of the game, the publisher is happy.

(06-04-2014 10:56 PM)DrkBlueXG Wrote:  Just go by pg2 of the rulebook of GH compared to pg3&4 of core LNOE.

The problem is the "assorted counters" section in each rulebook. There is no description of what is included in that.

I found a list for the base game here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/258056/l...ame-tokens

Of course, I have all of my expansions bundled together, so I am going to have to figure this out for every extension that we create Insane19
06-05-2014, 03:49 AM
Hey guys sorry i havent said much recently in the way of progress. Wanted to let you all know the zombie heroes will be done by tomorrow. They are taking much longer than i expected (30-60mins per token). On top of that a lots been going on around me with respect to the people i know so i couldnt dedicate as much time as i wouldve liked to to get them done sooner. But i can say they look sharp and ferocious! I must say im quite proud.

Commenting on the discussion youve all been having, ive been thinking about that too, and it is a tricky situation. I mean i only have base and gh but i still dont remember what went with which set. But i was thinking we may he lucky and SamariaTrev has composed some extremely comprehensive lists with respect to things like this. So i thought id try my luck at some necro-file digging and seeing if there isnt already something on this site that could aid us. So once ive completed those zombie heroes and uploaded them, ill dive in and do some grave digging. Fingers crossed.

With respect to uploading. I think its important we get organized. I love the enthusiam but i presently know of KnighOfDragon's dropbox and darkbluegx's google drive, have we picked which place we'll be uploading everything yet? And is there a prefference. Uploading to both isnt impossible but it can get confusing if some files only get sent to one or the other through forgetfulness for example.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
06-05-2014, 03:59 AM
It all had to end up on my machine to be imported into the new module so as long as I know where you put it, it doesn't matter. I haven't accessed darkbluegx's google drive yet...

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
06-05-2014, 05:10 AM
Dropbox is far superior in its cloud service then google drive, and I know this from experience. I would recommend staying with drop box its a drop box dedicated to this, so the full memory space is yours to use
06-05-2014, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 11:21 AM by DrkBlueXG.)
I'm not entirely sure how to use drop box. I got the link and can browse but can't upload to it? I was using drive as a placeholder.

Got a lot more done. Took me a minute to figure out Gimp, but I made most of the tokens transparent and png as requested.
06-05-2014, 12:32 PM
just download the app. then in the app you can use the share link
06-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Hey guys Zombie Heroes done. Check um out!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/feroyvp5adtuov...Heroes.zip

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
06-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Cool, I'll download them tonight. What's next? Board images?

Did anyone ever come up with an idea for zombie images? I can't remember...

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk