Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
06-08-2014, 03:41 AM
RE: Remaking the vassal mod to actually be useful
hey drkbluexg are the tokens already cut out so the the edges are transparent? if not let me know and i'll start cutting them out.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 06:03 AM by DrkBlueXG.)
Yea they are all cut and transparent. Figured that would be easier.
I put the uncut pics in with everything as well and put all the tokens in the specific folders.
06-08-2014, 06:08 AM
Okay awesome then. So yeah thats pretty much it then. I mean timber peak and blood in the forest board pieces need to joined but like bruno said it's not even ready for expansions yet so we should be good.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
06-08-2014, 06:13 AM
Cool, there are still a lot of tokens that need to be done. Like the odd shaped ones that will take more time erasing out the edges, like the truck, plane, meteor, etc.
06-09-2014, 02:47 PM
@aprillo

The map boards look great. It doesn't matter, but you put one of the base boards into your GH archive. I also apparently switched a base board for a TP board, when I was scanning images. So, if you are working from my archive, you need to grab the Lumber Yard from the base folder when you start working on TP boards (and ignore the gun shop).

The zombie tokens look great as well. I am glad that you made seven of each.

Just so you know, the current module calls for two of each zombie color (there is no limit on the number of tokens that can be created). There is no reason to have even two of them that I know of, so I will probably just remove one of them and have a single zombie token of each color.

One of the future modifications that I would like to make is to create an actual zombie pool to draw from. I am not sure how to make that work right now, so I will leave it this way for right now.

I believe I finished the module for base game stuff last night. I need to give it a once over again tonight and then I will upload it to my dropbox.

What day works better for interested players for testing? I am available Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday at 9 PM EDT (UTC-4).
06-09-2014, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 10:07 PM by aprillo.)
Yeah I knew that. Simply because I'd never seen the lumberyard and TP was one of many expansions I didn't have. Now though all missing is BitF, sorry if I mixed any others. But I'm sure that at least one of the tile belong in gh because at least when I bought them, the base game only had 5 L's and gh had 3

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thursday is good for me

06-10-2014, 12:21 AM
(06-09-2014 10:04 PM)aprillo Wrote:  the base game only had 5 L's and gh had 3

The rulebooks say 6 and 2...
06-10-2014, 03:56 AM
Here is the module. Let me know if you need help figuring Vassal out.

Looks pretty good for now.

I'm going to start a list of things that need to be worked on, both defects and improvements needed to support adding extensions.

If you find anything that you think can be improved, post it here.

Still hoping to get a game going with at least one other person this week.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1272.../LNOE.vmod
06-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Well I suppose I could be mistaken, that's probably more likely than the boards pieces being changed in distribution of later copies. :P

So I'll take your word for it. And like I say if Thursday at 9 pm eastern American time with DST (lol) works for you I'd be happy to be the 1 other person

06-10-2014, 01:57 PM
(06-10-2014 06:36 AM)aprillo Wrote:  So I'll take your word for it. And like I say if Thursday at 9 pm eastern American time with DST (lol) works for you I'd be happy to be the 1 other person

Sounds good.

I will start up a session hopefully a little before 9 on Thursday night.

You will need to open the module in Vassal and "search for a game online". If I have started the game, my username should show up in the server window. You will need to right-click on the game and "Join".

We will also have a Skype VOIP session set up. You can find me through my email: username AT gmail.

Anyone else who is available at that time is also free to join in.