Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: EDM.
... what?
Erectile Dysfunctio- *gets kicked in the balls before sentence is finished*
Energy... Um... DingaMabob Zombie17
Electronic Dance Music.
Oh -looks up- it's Electronic Dance Music.
Other (Post in the comments section)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remixing Game Music?
12-22-2010, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 05:50 AM by thunderion.)
RE: Remixing Game Music?
(12-21-2010 12:12 PM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  
(12-21-2010 11:32 AM)thunderion Wrote:  I'm not used to making rock and roll music... yet. 8D

Ever try Gothic Industrial? I could use some music to go with these lyrics I keep writing. ;)

:3 tell me more 8D i want to understand this "Gothic Industrial" thingie :D

I go by PetrichorFunus on some places
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2010, 06:21 AM
(12-22-2010 05:49 AM)thunderion Wrote:  :3 tell me more 8D i want to understand this "Gothic Industrial" thingie Zombie17

Not so hard really. It's a deep, low toned danceable music that sounds like a cross between Ego Likeness [EBM/Dark Wave] (Particularly the Breedless Album), The Crüxshadows [EBM], (The Frozen Embers Album has some good examples) and Nine Inch Nails [Industrial] (Closer... 'nuff said).

Lyrically speaking it crosses a melodic smooth Dark Wave sound with a more staccato Industrial sound and the occasional lyrical spoken word, all in a rather deep bass vocal (For me anyway).

The music and lyric tends to be deeply emotional or heavily poignant on various topics usually promoting the truth of things rather than the lies people use to protect themselves from bad things. A common theme is breaking the delusions of the world... It isn't all peaches and cream like some people want to think it is... but that is no reason to let it run your life and dictate how much you can enjoy living, versus just being alive and wallowing in the pain of loss and fear.

Ok maybe harder than I thought... But that should give some idea. It's electronic industrial with a darker edge. LOL
12-22-2010, 08:18 AM
So... it's something like emo techno? :3 XD

12-22-2010, 12:27 PM
(12-22-2010 08:18 AM)thunderion Wrote:  So... it's something like emo techno? :3 XD

You want to get on my bad side in 2.5 seconds... Put the words Goth and Emo together... Nothing pisses me off faster.

I said deeply emotional or heavily poignant, NOT whiny cry-baby OMG look at my woes crap. "Oh my, life sucks, I am so angry and depressed... I'll write a song about it..." *BARF* *PUKE* *GAG* NO! Not only NO but HECK NO!

The Gothic response to Emo: Get the frack over yourselves. No duh, life sucks, the world stinks, people are selfish, and no one "get's" anyone else. Deal with it. Make the best out of it that you can and stop crying in my drink, I don't want to hear it. Misery loves company? Well I hate misery so go find your company elsewhere, or get over it.

Goth is about uncovering our eyes to see what is really there, the truth of things. Then accepting them and making the best out of them that we can. "Black is evil!" Really? In light waves Black is the absence of color... In pigments it is the combination of all colors. "Darkness is Evil!!" Really? What the heck is yellow then? Isn't it just a 'darker' shade of white? "Death is bad..." Really? It is a part of life and nature... Part of "God's Plan"... And think of it, you live a life where you have stress, anguish, pain, sickness, worry, and about a billion other things that are considered negative things... all tossed in with a bunch of good things... But when you die, you are released from all that pain. You go to "A Better Place"... so why is it so bad? Oh, yeah, cause YOU will miss those who have died. You aren't sad that they died as much as you are upset that they left YOU alone... Suicide? *Shudder* Why? OK, so you get rid of the crap things sooner, but think of all the hurt you put on others in the process... And think of all the good things you will miss out on, all the things you could have learned... Suicide is pointless and fairly stupid.

A Goth accepts pretty much everything and we don't bother getting mad, upset, depressed, etc. over it because all it does is waist time and gives us less time to enjoy the good things in life. We aren't racist, sexist, prejudiced, or anything. We just are, and we are happy with that. Bad stuff happens, deal with it and move on, or you lose so much of our precious time here on Earth while we live.

... erm... ok off the soapbox now... sorry... hit a nerve... anyway...

Techno? No... Some folks like that stuff, and that's fine if they enjoy it... But personally, I don't like it and find it just a mash of sounds put into some kind of beat so you can dance to it. I don't even call it music as much as "some sound to dance to". But that's just me. A lot of folks seem to enjoy it, so I bow to them and their opinions.

Gothic Industrial is powerful, deep, thought provoking, worldly, massive, it's... it's... It's a Goth thing. And if you don't get Goth... You wouldn't understand. LOL
12-22-2010, 03:04 PM
It's so sad that industrial's a dead genre. My favorite.
12-22-2010, 10:24 PM
(12-22-2010 03:04 PM)mqstout Wrote:  It's so sad that industrial's a dead genre. My favorite.

It's not dead... Just sleeping... Need to wake it up. LOL No style is truly dead as long as there are people still listening to it and making it... Heck Disco is still out there (ick) just hard to find (thankfully). LOL
12-23-2010, 05:19 AM
(12-22-2010 12:27 PM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  
(12-22-2010 08:18 AM)thunderion Wrote:  So... it's something like emo techno? :3 XD

You want to get on my bad side in 2.5 seconds... Put the words Goth and Emo together... Nothing pisses me off faster.

I said deeply emotional or heavily poignant, NOT whiny cry-baby OMG look at my woes crap. "Oh my, life sucks, I am so angry and depressed... I'll write a song about it..." *BARF* *PUKE* *GAG* NO! Not only NO but HECK NO!

The Gothic response to Emo: Get the frack over yourselves. No duh, life sucks, the world stinks, people are selfish, and no one "get's" anyone else. Deal with it. Make the best out of it that you can and stop crying in my drink, I don't want to hear it. Misery loves company? Well I hate misery so go find your company elsewhere, or get over it.

Goth is about uncovering our eyes to see what is really there, the truth of things. Then accepting them and making the best out of them that we can. "Black is evil!" Really? In light waves Black is the absence of color... In pigments it is the combination of all colors. "Darkness is Evil!!" Really? What the heck is yellow then? Isn't it just a 'darker' shade of white? "Death is bad..." Really? It is a part of life and nature... Part of "God's Plan"... And think of it, you live a life where you have stress, anguish, pain, sickness, worry, and about a billion other things that are considered negative things... all tossed in with a bunch of good things... But when you die, you are released from all that pain. You go to "A Better Place"... so why is it so bad? Oh, yeah, cause YOU will miss those who have died. You aren't sad that they died as much as you are upset that they left YOU alone... Suicide? *Shudder* Why? OK, so you get rid of the crap things sooner, but think of all the hurt you put on others in the process... And think of all the good things you will miss out on, all the things you could have learned... Suicide is pointless and fairly stupid.

A Goth accepts pretty much everything and we don't bother getting mad, upset, depressed, etc. over it because all it does is waist time and gives us less time to enjoy the good things in life. We aren't racist, sexist, prejudiced, or anything. We just are, and we are happy with that. Bad stuff happens, deal with it and move on, or you lose so much of our precious time here on Earth while we live.

... erm... ok off the soapbox now... sorry... hit a nerve... anyway...

Techno? No... Some folks like that stuff, and that's fine if they enjoy it... But personally, I don't like it and find it just a mash of sounds put into some kind of beat so you can dance to it. I don't even call it music as much as "some sound to dance to". But that's just me. A lot of folks seem to enjoy it, so I bow to them and their opinions.

Gothic Industrial is powerful, deep, thought provoking, worldly, massive, it's... it's... It's a Goth thing. And if you don't get Goth... You wouldn't understand. LOL

:o

I learnt something new today. Thank you for opening up that fact... and sorry about that :3 didn't really know that there was a difference... really sorry if i offended you -bows-

12-23-2010, 05:42 AM
(12-23-2010 05:19 AM)thunderion Wrote:  Zombie14

I learnt something new today. Thank you for opening up that fact... and sorry about that :3 didn't really know that there was a difference... really sorry if i offended you -bows-

LOL No, no offense taken... Just a touchy subject with me.

Everyone thinks Goths are depressed, morbid, suicidal, outcasts who are mentally deranged and need serious mental help... If that wasn't a bad enough stereotype to be labeled with (Which is 100% WRONG BTW... Well maybe except the Morbid part... if you think of the definition of the word versus the reality and truth... erm, ok that's another long subject, moving on...) but then comes "Emos" which is MOSTLY exactly that...

Emos TEND to dress in a similar fashion as most Goths do (even though Goths dress to express themselves, which can be odd sometimes compared to the "norm" of society, but it isn't for attention or whatever, it is because it expresses our difference and personal uniqueness... erm... again another long story... moving on, yet again...) and they get lumped in with the Goths of the world perpetuating the stereotype of Goth.

Emo's and Goths are 2 totally different people. MOST Emo's don't care (or conversely Care to the point of obsession) and Goths do. Goths are individuals, unique, accepting, tolerant, and seekers of the truth... Not what we want to believe or what we think... THE TRUTH... Whether we like it or not.

Goths fight, we rant (can you tell? LOL), we philosophize, we seek answers and the right questions to go with them, We accept everyone regardless of who or what they are... even Emos... But we hate to be lumped in with others just because one or two points might be similar... We hate to be stereotyped as we are all different and therefore can not be so...

Emos TEND to whine and cry and complain about everything... and are more content to do that than to go out and do something about it. They TEND to not care what others think and use the stereotype that has evolved around them to give them more to complain about doing little but proving the stereotype right. (Note I capitalize the word TEND, because even if the stereotype is true for most, no stereotype is true for all, and I want to make a point of that.)

Bottom line: Goths and Emos do not get along. Let them do their thing over there, and we will do ours over here, and keep us separated, and everyone will be happy. We don't have a problem with Emos, just being compared to them or lumped in with them. That's all...

However, talk about getting off topic... LOL
12-23-2010, 09:11 AM
....fashion & trends. Watchmen02

I'm a rocker. Been it all my life and will stay so all may life.
I listen to all kinds of stuff (as long as it has guitars in it Zombie03) ...going from Cajun Music to Death Metal.

I totaly hate electronic music because it tends to get me very nervous. But I do understand that there are things in electronic music that maybe are "good" but due to the high volume of crap out there I do not want to spend time on finding it.

Since you guys talked on the industrial theme maybe I can interest you guys in a solo project of a friend of mine (who also plays LNEO ofcourse).
DARQO

I am the reason God stopped watching.