Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AToE Base Game Painted Character Showcase
04-11-2021, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2021 09:37 PM by samuraitrev.)
AToE Base Game Painted Character Showcase
After being inundated* by requests to post my painted AToE characters here they are. I painted these many years ago so they aren't quite up to my current standard but I'm still happy with them. Well, I'd posted everything else and it would be remiss of me not to include the base set so I thought I'd post them up.

Anyway, here they are. Thanks for looking folks and happy paintingWatchmen02

*by inundated, I mean, I was asked by one person. On one occasion. Just the once. Thanks Raynor:Zombie17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Smile RE: AToE Base Game Painted Character Showcase
Show Off! Watchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-11-2021, 09:58 PM
RE: AToE Base Game Painted Character Showcase
(04-11-2021 09:39 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Show Off! Watchmen02

OD
Not going to lie, I do like to 'show off' my work.Zombie17
Did you ever find a home for Miles: The Blast Miner? I've not forgotten you. If I ever get some doubles of figures in the future, I'll send you some painted figs (if anything to keep you from hurling abuse! Zombie17Zombie17Zombie17)
04-12-2021, 11:23 AM
Miles has been incorporated into my Zombicide Dark Side Game.(Good to know his name as I keep calling him Miner).
It's a brutal world as I set the Game in the Gears of War Game World but he seems to be holding his own.

By the by (attempting Brit talk here) you work should be shown it's terrific .

OD

04-12-2021, 10:30 PM
Oh this is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing. A Touch of Evil is my favorite game, so I was always worried about messing it up with my amateur painting skills. After some practice on a few other games I finally set out this month to begin the project and quickly found that good examples were hard to come by. Yours were definitely the best out there!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your work. It's quite inspirational.
04-13-2021, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2021 03:50 AM by samuraitrev.)
(04-12-2021 10:30 PM)Raynor Wrote:  Oh this is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing. A Touch of Evil is my favorite game, so I was always worried about messing it up with my amateur painting skills. After some practice on a few other games I finally set out this month to begin the project and quickly found that good examples were hard to come by. Yours were definitely the best out there!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your work. It's quite inspirational.

Wow, thank you Raynor and OD
. This comment made my day. I spent a lot of time pouring over the rulebooks/cards/posters/promo photos of the crew at shows to get the colours correct for my LNoE and AToE characters so they match the character boards and cards. It feels great if this helped a fellow painter in any way. I think it's cool that doing something I love has helped someone to break out a brush and some paints and up level their gaming experience by painting their figs. Plus, once painted these things should be proudly gamed with and displayed after. Be proud of your work. The time and energy put into it, regardless of your ability. Today, my wife painted her 2nd model from her new game (Gloomhaven) and I sat at my painting desk with my 6 year old son who painted a plastic Chaos marine (keeping painting in the family!)
Thanks for looking and commenting. This spurs me on to paint more and keep posting Zombie17

(04-12-2021 11:23 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Miles has been incorporated into my Zombicide Dark Side Game.(Good to know his name as I keep calling him Miner).
It's a brutal world as I set the Game in the Gears of War Game World but he seems to be holding his own.

By the by (attempting Brit talk here) you work should be shown it's terrific .

OD

Thanks OD that means a lot.
04-13-2021, 11:56 AM
Ah the Family that Paints Together...........I tried but when I got into miniatures painting my son had discovered
girls so that was a lost cause.A few years later I tried with my grandaughter but she was only interested in doing metallic blue
& pink but never had the ability to set down for more than 5 minutes.

Ironically my wife is a working Artist but doesn't do figs which she calls my Dolls & I of course keep correcting
her that they are Military Miniatures.

OD

04-17-2021, 11:14 AM
(04-11-2021 09:33 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  After being inundated* by requests to post my painted AToE characters here they are. I painted these many years ago so they aren't quite up to my current standard but I'm still happy with them. Thanks for looking folks and happy paintingWatchmen02
Thanks as ever for sharing your work Trev. I remember being blown away the first time I saw your 'lamplight glow' technique - super impressive!