Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ghost Soldier Minions Painted
03-28-2021, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2021 08:39 PM by samuraitrev.)
Ghost Soldier Minions Painted
Hello again folks,
I wanted to get straight into these as I wanted to finish the Spectral Horseman and all his Minions before the end of the month. They're actually Minions for the Shadow Witch Villain too so there's 2 opportunities to use them.

These soldiers are from a company called Perry Miniatures https://www.perry-miniatures.com/. However I bought these from Ebay as I didn't want to pay for a boxed set. They cost me £7.20 ($9.93) for 3 sprues of figures (15 figures in total worked out at 48p ($0.66) per figure. Some research was necessary to find out the correct time period and army so I narrowed it down to the Continental Army would suit the time period (1775-1783). I'm sure there are other units I could have used but I thought these would be good enough.

I used a simple technique to paint these: white undercoat - Aethermatic Blue contrast paint - 1st drybrush Ulthuan Grey - 2nd Drybrush White Scar

Pros and cons of these miniatures:
Pros

Great value
28mm scale
thematically acceptable
chronologically suitable
pretty good detail
authentic uniforms (I believe)

Cons:
I would have liked more combinations of parts to make more poses.

Overall, I would grade these miniatures as 4/5.
Conclusion:
Hopefully, I pulled this off and got myself some convincing looking ghost soldiers. I didn't want to pay much and I wanted them done quick which I think I achieved. I think these will look pretty sweet walking over the town of Shadowbrook and I'm looking forward to using them.

As always, thanks for looking and please commentWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2021, 11:31 AM
RE: Ghost Soldier Minions Painted
WoW- I think you caught the ultimate Ghost thing.I use a mix of h20 & Green wash for my ghosts but
I like your look better.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-30-2021, 10:13 PM
(03-30-2021 11:31 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  WoW- I think you caught the ultimate Ghost thing.I use a mix of h20 & Green wash for my ghosts but
I like your look better.

OD

Thanks OD. I was going out on a limb with this one as I couldn't find any colour schemes that I liked. Plus, I wanted to use a technique that was simple and effective.
04-02-2021, 10:45 AM
Well whatever you did it worked!