Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Request for promotion
05-07-2014, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 11:57 PM by aprillo.)
Request for promotion
So I'm a big fan of LNOE: The Zombie Game. And as soon as I got it i saw the potential for customization. I've already made my own scenario for it, which has proven to be quite fun but still needs a few more tweaks and trial runs as it moves away from the core game a little bit with some custom rules and plays with 9 hero characters instead of just 4. This proved more entertaining for story purposes as I was creating it, and worked better due to the unique board design.

I've written up the rules on a word document and made set up etc. very clear so that anyone could replicate it. Once I've played it a few more times and have made sure it's well balanced for both heroes and zombies I plan on uploading it on BGG and would love to upload it here too. But it probably won't be, what I'd consider perfect until a couple of weeks from now. The group I play with isn't available as often as I'd like.

Because they aren't available as often as I'd like I've considered making another custom scenario because I'm addicted to the game and want to do something at least associated with it if I can't actually play it. For thematic purposes I thought I'd involve my family, by creating custom characters. I can do it. I have a template that can work... but it won't look perfect. I'm good with Photoshop, but even so I can't get the right font. So I turned to BGG to see if someone else knew which one to use.

I'm a perfectionist. I'd rather wait and make it beautiful, than have it right away but only functional. I mean I could've made characters on a loose leaf if I really wanted but that's not me. BGG reffered me to here. In your downloads page there's supposed to be a template which I would love access to.

I doubt I'll lose interest in this game in the near future as it has so much replay value it's insane. and I don't think I'd lose interest in sharing my creations with others.

Please consider me for access.
Thank you.

here's my draft of the custom scenario. Again, it's not done yet. but i thought I should upload it to prove I'm serious.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Rules for LNOE Custom Scenario.pdf (Size: 280.47 KB / Downloads: 8)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: Request for promotion
You've put a hell of a lot of work into your scenario. I will be honest the amount of rules and font you've used I found overwhelming. I think it could do with condensing. It looks like it has a lot of potential the board layout is cool.
05-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Promotion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2014, 09:07 PM
I follow your lead sir mqstout. Sign him up!Zombie17
05-09-2014, 01:43 PM
(05-08-2014 04:14 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  You've put a hell of a lot of work into your scenario. I will be honest the amount of rules and font you've used I found overwhelming. I think it could do with condensing. It looks like it has a lot of potential the board layout is cool.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I definitely agree it is wordy. And I'll choose a softer font promise Zombie03. Once all the testing done and I have a final scenario I plan on decorating the rules up a bit kind of the like the rules to the mall madness variant. That'll help make it softer on the eyes and less dreary to read. And yeah your absolutely right about the work part. So far 3 trial runs and roughly 9 hours in coming up with the layout and special rules etc. plus clear wording for it all so rule lawyers don't cringe :P

(That's a bit of an ironic joke because I'm one of the rule lawyers in my group) :P
05-09-2014, 04:35 PM
When its re-jigged a bit I will read through it all and help if I canWatchmen02
05-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Request for promotion
Thanks I'd really appreciate that

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
05-12-2014, 02:21 PM
(05-08-2014 07:07 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Promotion.

Ditto Watchmen02 -The Great Worm is moving so we may have to wait for his decision.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Hang in there. As soon as Sarku's back here, I'm sure he'll work his dark magic and you'll be in for the full TZG experience.
05-13-2014, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 11:02 AM by aprillo.)
Request for promotion
I can't wait. Sure hope your right and thanks a lot for the support trev

You too old dwarf

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom