Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Rescue Mission...unbalanced?
04-02-2013, 04:52 AM
RE: Rescue Mission...unbalanced?
(03-22-2013 05:45 PM)Anim8r Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 05:38 PM)spirit Wrote:  Do you use zombie hunger against the townfolk?

I sure do, Townsfolk are fair game. Though I have mostly won via overrunning the safe house. I've only won once by killing townfolk

I just played this scenario this past weekend as the Zombies.
I must say that to me it appears very difficult for the heroes to win. First, rolling a 5 or 6 to kill a Townsfolk ally is very easy. I actually won by killing two of them when the Suntrack marker reached 4. The only thing that kept me at bay from winning earlier was Zombie hunger with the townsfolk.

Please let me know if we played this correctly. The Townsfolk were barricaded with reinforcements in one of the buildings (randomly selected.)
The building happened to have four spaces, dont recall which building. So once I attacked and tried to break through the reinforcements my 4 zombies were stuck there because of ZH. Two of the them were grave weapon zombies. Insane19

Now, I kept removing reinforcements, but the townsfolk kept putting them back since they can try during each hero turn. This frustrated me, but to us we felt we were playing it correctly.

What are your thoughts?

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 02:54 AM
We didn't give the townsfolk actions until they were with a Hero. Then they could join the attack, defend, and try to build a barricade.

I played this scenario last night and the Heroes won in about 8 turns. They were able to create a sewer that run from the safe house to the towns people and run back and forth pretty quickly. It was also the first time I'd used Grave Weapons as the Zombies. So, I put an explosive zombie in the middle of the board with 3 spawns and BOOM! Lost 4 or 5 zombies when Explosive guy got shot. That was kind of the tipping point. At one point I did get 4 zombies into the safehouse, but I couldn't get a zombie in to each space of the safehouse to consider it taken over due to Zombie Hunger. I couldn't move away from the Heroes.
04-16-2013, 05:21 PM
I played this scenario a couple of weeks ago. We used zombie hunger. I was playing the zombies and the townsfolk almost completely reinforced their location. ZH kept me stuck on one side as i kept rolling and failing to remove reinforcements. But i was not able to move away because of ZH. Did I play this correctly? Eventually I did win by killing the townsfolk during their transfer to the safehouse. I did find it easy to kill them with just 5 or 6. But they also killed some of my zombies while also being on the move.

One question, ZH is used even when against barricades, correct?

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
04-16-2013, 09:40 PM
(04-16-2013 05:21 PM)maxfool Wrote:  One question, ZH is used even when against barricades, correct?
I believe so - the zombie(s) are aware of the humans and desperate to get at them. Still have to break through though.
04-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Our Heroes won the one time we played, too.
04-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Just played this scenario for the first time on Monday night. The Heroes won with 2 turns left.