Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rescue the gun shop owner. Comments appreciated
03-30-2010, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2010 01:51 PM by Brichs.)
Rescue the gun shop owner. Comments appreciated
So, I've been using the game to try and make som scenarios that emulate my favourite movies.

So far, I've only thought about a short scenario emulating the attempt to save Andy from the 2004 movie "Dawn of the Dead"

You do need both the Survival of the Fittest and Growing Hunger expansions.

Quote:Rescue the Gun Shop Owner
Setting up the board: See attached file

Key:
Mansion is the mansion center board - this starts fully barricaded
Gunshop is the L-board with the gunshop
Random is a random L-board
The O's are entrances to the sewer.
The T is the truck

Remove all townsfolk hero-cards from the Hero Deck, and remove the card with Old Betsy. Remove the Sewer cards from the Survival decks. Remove one "keys" from the hero deck. Draw a random townsfolk hero, and place him in the gunshop. He carries the keys.
Place Old Betsy on the tile with the two entrances to the gun shop.
Place one player character in the gun shop. If any characters are female, she will be picked. In case of more (or none) females, draw a random hero.

Place the sewer entrance inside the mansion (zombies choice) and place the sewer exit near the gun shop (heroes choice). Place a locked door tile on the "left" side of the mansion (the side not facing towards the gun shop) (heroes choice).

The remaining three heroes start in the mansion, with a hero card each.
The zombie must take the 7 red zombies, and place them wherever on the board he feels like, except inside the gun store and the mansion BEFORE placing regularly spawned zombies.

In this scenario, the zombies cannot enter the gunshop except through the door. Also, the hero character placed in the gunshop may not exit, until rescued by the fellow heroes. The zombies cannot enter the sewer, until the sewer has been used by the heroes.

The barricades on the mansion work both ways - the heroes cannot exit through the barricades without destroying them.

When placing the sewer, use interior BOTH sewer tiles, so the sewer is twice as long as normal.

Other rules:
Zombies: Zombie Horde (21), Grave Weapons, Zombie autospawn, Always Zombie heroes
Heroes: Survival Deck, Mansion Deck (10), Free search tokens, Door (1), Townsfolk heroes (1), Hero replenish

The heroes must first save the owner of the gunshop, and then they must escape to the truck parked at the other end of town.
The Townsfolk hero has a key, that must be used to open the door towards the truck.
The zombies win by killing three heroes, or by making sure they do escape before dawn.

I have NOT tried playing this yet. I have actually not checked, if the dots add up (as I am at work).
Also, I have not chosen how many turns are needed yet. I'm thinking 17, but do not know for sure.

As the title says, comments are appreciated.
As English is not my first language, I also appreciate commets about sentences not making any sense, and things along the lines of this.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2010, 02:44 PM
RE: Rescue the gun shop owner. Comments appreciated
Just a quick comment, your English is pretty good, there's no need to worry there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2010, 10:54 PM
RE: Rescue the gun shop owner. Comments appreciated
Well done!!!
Imaginative and only as complicated as it needs to be.
Going to give this one a run.

Maybe, in the spirit of the move, you could use the armored forklift to get everyone out with. Maybe a zombie horde appears when the vehicle is obtained and a minigame is needed to break through with everyone?
Find all posts by this user