Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oathsworn is really good
10-01-2022, 06:18 PM
Oathsworn is really good
Hey guys, there's a lot of buzz running around regarding Oathsworn which is coming back to KS later this month. I've had the privilege of getting a chance to play through the first two scenarios with a friend who picked up the game and wanted to shout out to everyone here that it's really good. The game is sort of split between two parts. There's a long city exploration/story telling, choose your own adventure style section where you progress the story and pick up items etc and then there's a boss fight section.

It reminds me of Shadows of Brimstone style split between going out to delve into dungeons and then head back into town between missions, but the city phase is far more story driven, and there isn't really any dungeon exploration as you jump straight into an epic boss fight each time rather than worry about smaller enemies by themselves.

Back when this was on kickstarter, I decided to skip because the world of the story is grim-dark, which isn't my favorite default setting, and my friend was already backing it. Besides that, I hadn't gotten a chance to play any games that focused so much on the boss fight aspect so strongly so I wasn't sure how I felt about eschewing the whole dungeon crawl bit, which I've always enjoyed. After getting a chance to play through 2 whole sequences of play though, the writing and gameplay of both parts of the game really shine through and make everything quite compelling.

I don't know if I'm going to buy a copy myself, because it's a big box and I'll probably just end up playing through the entire game with my friend, but If there's one new creepy atmospheric game I'd recommend looking into this Halloween, it'd be this one. Check it out if you haven't already.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2022, 07:40 PM
RE: Oathsworn is really good
Hi Raynor thanks for taking the time to let folks on here know about the game.

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply