Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead elders
11-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Smile Dead elders
I just started playing a Touch of Evil. Could someone please tell me what happens if all the elders happened to die? I thought I read somewherethat will end the game and the vilian wins
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Dead elders
I must say this has never come up in any of my games. We have had a few die, but rather than dying, when we reveal secrets at the showdown and they are evil, they actually become one with the villain (See Revealing Secrets page 18 of the manual).

That being said, if all 6 die, that is 12 steps (60%) on the shadow track. Unless it all happened early in the game, the shadow track would probably have gotten to zero by then which would cause the game to end.

Quite honestly I can't find any mention in the rules that state all town elders have to be alive.
11-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Without the Town Elders to help, you may struggle to win a Showdown. So if all Town Elders are dead or Evil, the games as good as up for the Heroes.
11-02-2012, 09:49 PM
No rule that the Villain auto wins if all Elders are dead, but I would imagine it would be pretty rare (I have yet to see it happen). As the others said, make sure Evil Elders join the Villain even if they are "dead", & if none are Evil & all are dead The Shadow Track is going to be almost done & even if you can get to the Showdown before it runs out you're likely to have an uphill battle on your hands... Zombie05
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"