Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rifle Butt
04-20-2012, 08:23 PM
RE: Rifle Butt
Lol... PJON you always so dramatic... you treat those zombie friends of yours like rotten lepers... but you made me re-think... and try to make it less powerful... see if it appeals to you...

On the other hand sounds very dumb in a zombie apocalypse drop down a fire weapon just because it doesn't have ammo anymore...

Though the +1 were exagerated... however carrying an ammoless (strange word... seems wrong...) anyway, carrying a weapon that do not have ammo sounds a lot more reasonable than just drop it.

And seriously you really think the heroes would get overpowered because something meaningless as this? Maybe the break roll could be bigger... since a firearm has some delicate parts that can't be damaged to properly work.

We have
4 Revolvers
4 Shotguns (Counting a promo one)
2 Hunting Rifles

This adds probably 10 more melee weapons that don't have the Hand Weapon keyword (so still no bonus to Victor or Jenny using Handy on it)

As a final rule...
I take it like this:

Gun with no Ammo:
Once per fight you may re-roll a single fight dice.
Breaks on the roll of 1 or 2.

And mostly i expect heroes using the weapon to bash a undead only in desperate need... since using it may do you lose a fire arm... already so hard to get... Chance of 1/12 on my deck at least...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi, im all for Variants. I am. Its just, it should always be balanced, or try to be. If one team gets a new toy, so should the other side. And both new toys should be resonable.

.....i still want a Military Zombies with their helmets on ! or better, Pred inspired....Zombies in Mechs

That is all.

ok, so its not....

Have a good weekend Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Your primal zombies are on the way... sad part is... 2013... =/

What a shame.

04-21-2012, 02:09 PM
(04-20-2012 03:38 PM)mqstout Wrote:  "turn the card upside down" once it breaks and only then can you use it as a melee weapon, if you choose. (Or discard normally when out of ammo). Too risky to use it as a melee when you still have bullets.

And that's why you are the man. Great idea.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
04-22-2012, 10:32 AM
[align=center]
(04-20-2012 07:44 PM)PJON Wrote:  ... Other wise your are creating a very very very powered weapon.

I agree. However, I totally get your point.

As an alternative to a general rule you could either create a custom hero with the ability you describe. As it happens I did something similar a couple of years back when I created the following character:

Another approach could be the creation of a hero card that allows some head bashing with your guns. Again, I once did excactly that for a custom scenario based on the movie “Plan 9 from Outer Space”. Just remember to keep things balanced with a powerful zombie card:

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Great looking cards. I bet the Zombies wish they were brains tooWatchmen02
04-23-2012, 12:42 PM
I'll show ya f**king suprise is awesome...
lol'd

04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi, AWESOME looking cards. Really kewl.

Ruby Jane and Victor would get along great

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-23-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm glad you like Ruby. She's actually not entirely fictional but based on the self-proclaimed country bitch who's interrogated by detective John Kimble in a classic Arnold Schwarzenegger prank call. She's one tough nut making all lesser badasses bow down during any zombie raid.

She's in it for the brains and rifle butting. That's for sure.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2012, 05:14 AM
What about giving the Butt Stroke (that's the common term in the shooting world) a dot value?
Then it could become scenario specific and balanced with a zombie ability.

Just a thought.