Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rolling Fight Dice vs. Using a "Except During A Fight" Card
11-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Rolling Fight Dice vs. Using a "Except During A Fight" Card
So, it's stated in the rulebook that any card that says it can be used any time "Except During A Fight", specifically means from when the Fight Dice are rolled until when the Fight is resolved, this card cannot be played. (Health Pack specifically is what we're talking about here)

It says that these cards CAN be played between fights, i.e. you fight one Zombie, get wounded, then can play the Health Pack on yourself to heal, before starting the fight with the second Zombie.

Here's our problem; Upon trying to play this Health Pack between two fights, like I stated above, the Zombie Player rolled his Fight Dice before I could lay down the card, and in says that because he rolled his Fight Dice the fight has already begun, and I cannot play the Health Pack.

This seems very, how shall I say, "unfair" or "skeet" for the Zombie Player to be able to just throw their fight dice in an attempt to corner you into an immediate fight, without having a fair chance to play cards that may effect the outcome.

I can't find a clarification for this anywhere in the rulebook. Just the Fight is considered to be "from when the Fight Dice are rolled, up until the Fight is resolved. (take a wound, etc.)"

Any help would be much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2009, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2009 10:55 PM by mqstout.)
RE: Rolling Fight Dice vs. Using a "Except During A Fight" Card
The game should not be a speed race. Your health pack should resolve. You had not yet commited to the fight. There are LOTS of "at the start of..." type things in LNOE that any seasoned gaming group will deal with just fine. Another example, in reverse, is a Zombie Event "At the beginning of the player turn..." It's outrageous for a player to say, "Nope, I already rolled my movement die! Now you can't play your card."

Note, this isn't anything clarified by any rulebook anywhere. It's just part of playing games with a good group of people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply