Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rough concept--rogue hero killing the others
12-04-2012, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 08:05 AM by RaidCasto.)
RE: Rough concept--rogue hero killing the others
Yeah I got this idea kinda from a game we play on game nights called Mafia. Everyone draws a card at the beginning, and 2 out of the 10 are mafia. They can kill the other players, and each round you have to vote off one of the current players, based on who you think is lying. Yes, this would have to have a min of 5 players, and hopefully we can flesh it out. I'm trying a couple more rounds of that capture scenario, so far its worked great. Next up I'll try this scenario out. Also, I think thematically the hero should team up with the zombies somehow, because they'll be working against the heroes. So maybe the voodoo zombies are better than the viral.
The problems I've had with this scenario are: what happens if the traitor is killed by zombies? Or is heavily wounded at the reveal? Perhaps the zombie player should know who the traitor is, to try and avoid them best as they can. I would assume everyone will split up on this one, because you wouldn't want to be on the same square as the traitor--or as a hero payer I guess I would suggest we all pile up so at the reveal, the traitor is 1against 3--of course, the traitor won't want to group up. I think the counter search is best to get everyone splitting up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 10:43 PM
(12-04-2012 07:48 AM)RaidCasto Wrote:  The problems I've had with this scenario are: what happens if the traitor is killed by zombies? Or is heavily wounded at the reveal? Perhaps the zombie player should know who the traitor is, to try and avoid them best as they can.

Hmmm... Those definitely are good questions. I suppose one way to get around the first problem is this... perhaps "Hero Replenish" should be included with this scenario, meaning the heroes always get a new hero. (Then, "Always Zombie Heroes" could also be included to balance the scenario out again.) I think since it would be a 4 hero player game, that would be the case anyway. This way, if their character dies, the hero player gets a new hero. So, this way, if the game gets to the point where the traitor is revealed, the traitor player will definitely have a character.

That could work, but then there is still the other problem you mention. What if they are already heavily wounded when they are revealed.

I suppose you could get around that by having the Zombie Players know who is the traitor, but then it would be kind of difficult not to make it obvious who the traitor is when the zombies start going after all the other characters but not the one.

So, here is another thought...

Maybe once the traitor is revealed, any and all wounds they have taken are removed. Thematically, the idea is that they were controlling the zombies, so they never actually did get wounded, they just made it look like they did in order to evade suspicion. Just a thought. What does anybody else think?
12-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I like that Staypuft. Since I started with TP, I've always played heroes replenish and always zombie heroes. And I think it makes sense the traitor should get all wounds removed. Also a possibility, is 3 victory scenarios--heroes, zombies and traitor. Maybe the traitor has to destroy evidence or something. Hopefully by this weekend I can have something to try out.
12-06-2012, 09:18 PM
(12-06-2012 08:27 AM)RaidCasto Wrote:  I like that Staypuft. Since I started with TP, I've always played heroes replenish and always zombie heroes. And I think it makes sense the traitor should get all wounds removed. Also a possibility, is 3 victory scenarios--heroes, zombies and traitor. Maybe the traitor has to destroy evidence or something. Hopefully by this weekend I can have something to try out.

Ooo! Man, I am really loving this scenario idea. From what you said above, another thought popped into my head. So, maybe one possibility would be the following:

When you reveal one of the number tiles, you look at it, and simply indicate to the other whether or not the number was for the traitor. If it was, you have to prove it. If it was not, you simply remove the number without showing anybody...

So, what this means is, if the traitor happens to find the traitor number tile, if they want to, they can lie and say it was NOT the traitor number. Thematically, think of this like they found and destroyed all evidence linking them to the zombies, so now nobody could ever find out they were the traitor unless they reveal themselves.

However, so that this does not remove all chance for the heroes to win, maybe the traitor HAS to reveal themselves if the heroes happen to fulfill all their other goals. Like, as we said before, maybe they are also trying to collect certain items or something like that. Otherwise, if you didn't do that, it would make it impossible for the heroes to win if the traitor found the traitor number tile.