Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rule question
12-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Rule question
Ok so I noticed a problem with a rule.

I just got the two new scenarios stock up and revenge of the dead. One of them came with the cards "feels no pain" in the text it says play to prevent a zombie from being instantly killed., this however stands against a q&a by jason himself.

Actually, you'll notice that the Cleaver says, ‘instantly’ killed. That means if the Hero rolls a 6 at all, the Zombie is instantly killed and the fight ends immediately. Because it is instant, Zombies do not even get the chance to play cards (may not force a re-roll etc). Cleaver of doom indeed. Just don't get overconfident, I have seen many Heroes charge into a pack of Zombies with a meat cleaver and get torn to pieces.

(Jason C. Hill. Flying Frog Productions - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1699034)

So whats the verdict, I assume that feels no pain is the ONLY card that is usable in this situation.

Thanks and merry christmas!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2008, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2008 12:29 AM by mqstout.)
RE: Rule question
I never liked the concept of "instantly killed" being "no opportunity to play cards". I never played with it like that. I just use "instantly killed" to mean (a) no wound but death; (b) no doubles needed. The idea that you can't use a card goes against the spirit of everything else. (AKA, I ignore the "official" ruling.)

As such, I use that card for any effect that "kills" a zombie rather than wounds it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-25-2008, 01:43 AM
ya im geussing it does work. because i think he said that before the card came out.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
Find all posts by this user
12-25-2008, 01:45 AM
mqstout Wrote:I never liked the concept of "instantly killed" being "no opportunity to play cards". I never played with it like that. I just use "instantly killed" to mean (a) no wound but death; (b) no doubles needed. The idea that you can't use a card goes against the spirit of everything else. (AKA, I ignore the "official" ruling.)

As such, I use that card for any effect that "kills" a zombie rather than wounds it.

i too play it like you... rhyme ... its better that way. plus its the first thing i thought of and we played it like that for a year before i found out about the real ruleing

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
Find all posts by this user