Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking forward to trying this variant
11-24-2019, 06:10 PM
Looking forward to trying this variant
Didn't want to necro the old thread that was 4 years old from the last post.

Tactical Play Hunting The Night.

Looking forward to giving this a shot, as we find the first few turns of the game seem very without definitive purpose other than having 'Something' happen.
I also liked someones suggestion to trigger the removal of a villains ability you had to fight a single round against them and inflict a wound to succeed.

Haven't tried it yet but love that it doesn't require any extra components, this is something the frogs should consider for their 10th Anniversary Edition maybe as an optional rule.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: Looking forward to trying this variant
Hey, I got AToE a while back and haven't gotten it to the table yet, can you link me to that post?
11-25-2019, 08:20 PM
(11-25-2019 03:59 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Hey, I got AToE a while back and haven't gotten it to the table yet, can you link me to that post?

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/65094...-play-atoe
11-28-2019, 02:37 PM
As the creator of this variant, I must caution not to focus TOO much on the tasks and so ignore the normal but vital game play. There is a natural tendency to do so. Yet you still need weapons, better attributes, defenses, and event cards. You don’t have time to do everything!

Focus on one or maybe two tasks that might prove very beneficial to your character mix and accept any task that might just pop out randomly.

11-29-2019, 05:25 PM
Excellent contribution - thank you for developing this.
12-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Looks fun, I'll have to try it