Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Run, Fight, or Die!
02-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Run, Fight, or Die!
The second of the two new zombie games from "Lock N Load Publishing":

Run, Fight or Die!

Guys and gals, we are really excited by this Richard Launius (Arkham Horror and Defenders of the Realm) game. It’s a zombie game unlike any other, and we’ve just about played them all.

Each player receives a randomly selected character, represented by a playing card placed in front of him or her. This card has three zones, representing three decreasing distances to the player. Zombies start in the furthest zone and move closer each turn.

During a turn players six uniquely faced dice multiple times, hoping to match the icons on the dice in order to rescue survivors, uncover unique locations, and kill zombies with shotguns and baseball bats. Townsfolk can join your party and help as well as hinder. The cool thing is that the townsfolk that hinder also provide the most victory points if rescued. For example, the useful nurse allows its owner to heal one character wound each turn, but is only worth one victory point if rescued. Conversely, the screamer, who adds an extra zombie each time a zombie is rolled, is worth three valuable victory points.

Matching certain die faces also allow the player to draw a random location. Often these are helpful, such as the Old Bridge that allows the owner to kill three zombies per bat icon rolled. Not all locations are good. You might just pull the Graveyard, which adds three extra zombies to a zone of your card.

It is that unexpected fun and delicious tension that makes Run, Fight, or Die a hoot to play. And complexity? Gamers can pick it up in five minutes, non-gamers ten, and both will have fun.

Game Includes:
Six character boards.
Eighteen Townsfolk Tiles.
Twelve Location Tiles.
Twenty-five wound crystals.
Sixty-five Zombies.
One actions and events guide.
One rulebook.
A box to stuff it all in.

Again, just alerting anyone interested that it is in the queue at LNL.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: Run, Fight, or Die!
Lock N Load didn't publish the game but now it's up on Kickstarter. Funded the first day too.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1545...f=category

I like this version better.

(02-12-2011 04:18 PM)Aging One Wrote:  The second of the two new zombie games from "Lock N Load Publishing":

Run, Fight or Die!

Guys and gals, we are really excited by this Richard Launius (Arkham Horror and Defenders of the Realm) game. It’s a zombie game unlike any other, and we’ve just about played them all.

Each player receives a randomly selected character, represented by a playing card placed in front of him or her. This card has three zones, representing three decreasing distances to the player. Zombies start in the furthest zone and move closer each turn.

During a turn players six uniquely faced dice multiple times, hoping to match the icons on the dice in order to rescue survivors, uncover unique locations, and kill zombies with shotguns and baseball bats. Townsfolk can join your party and help as well as hinder. The cool thing is that the townsfolk that hinder also provide the most victory points if rescued. For example, the useful nurse allows its owner to heal one character wound each turn, but is only worth one victory point if rescued. Conversely, the screamer, who adds an extra zombie each time a zombie is rolled, is worth three valuable victory points.

Matching certain die faces also allow the player to draw a random location. Often these are helpful, such as the Old Bridge that allows the owner to kill three zombies per bat icon rolled. Not all locations are good. You might just pull the Graveyard, which adds three extra zombies to a zone of your card.

It is that unexpected fun and delicious tension that makes Run, Fight, or Die a hoot to play. And complexity? Gamers can pick it up in five minutes, non-gamers ten, and both will have fun.

Game Includes:
Six character boards.
Eighteen Townsfolk Tiles.
Twelve Location Tiles.
Twenty-five wound crystals.
Sixty-five Zombies.
One actions and events guide.
One rulebook.
A box to stuff it all in.

Again, just alerting anyone interested that it is in the queue at LNL.
10-16-2013, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 02:30 PM by soundguy.)
if i wasn't looking at so many other kickstarters right now i might have to do that one too. Watchmen02

just looked at it's kickstarter.

it amazes me how some games amake and shoot past their goals so fast.. when some other games that look better.. don't go as fast or at all??
10-16-2013, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 03:17 PM by ch82.)
(10-16-2013 02:26 PM)soundguy Wrote:  if i wasn't looking at so many other kickstarters right now i might have to do that one too. Watchmen02

just looked at it's kickstarter.

it amazes me how some games amake and shoot past their goals so fast.. when some other games that look better.. don't go as fast or at all??

It is all about the marketing. Mcdonalds didn't make it big because people thought they had good hamburgers.
11-12-2013, 02:09 AM
Only an hour left, this game is going to be great.
11-12-2013, 07:05 PM
i can't get on kickstarter from where.. where did it make it to?
11-12-2013, 07:12 PM
(11-12-2013 07:05 PM)soundguy Wrote:  i can't get on kickstarter from where.. where did it make it to?

$700 from $100,000. Jason said they are taking pre-orders on their site for a little while so if you still want a copy now is your chance. Also if we sell enough they will give is the final stretch goal of female zombies as well.
11-12-2013, 07:22 PM
wow.. neat!