Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Run For It!
01-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Run For It!
This is my absolute favorite scenario. We've tried it three times...I'm always heroes, I always lose, but it's always exciting!

We always do random board set up, random heroes, random townies. In the first set up, the cornfield was between the mansion and the escape path. Perfect! I also had Amanda. I moved Amanda into the cornfield (next to two spawn pits). Using the cornfield and her "hide" ability, she was able to distract a ton of zombies without getting wounded. At one point, she had nine zombies on her space and survived! At least...for a while. She did eventually die, but then Billy took over in the cornfield with his chainsaw. Jeb the Grease Monkey was the first one out...on the first turn he used up all the movement points AND stole TJ Thoroughbred, really screwing over the rest of the townies. ;c) Unfortunately, we have a REALLY good zombie player, and he managed to win right before the fourth townie would have escaped.

In the second play through, I got screwed. Not only was there no corn field, But the random setup had NO way from the mansion to the exit. Not even those diagonals that students and townies can squeeze through. Of course I set up the two doorways, but there was just no way to avoid the spawn pits. I had Mr. Goddard, who was blowing up gasoline tanks and sticks of dynamite left and right (twice he managed to kill half a dozen zombies while somehow surviving the explosions), but it was no use. I think I got ONE townie to the exit. The rest couldn't even make it through one of my doorways.

The third time was the most interesting. I randomly selected Father, Nurse, Sheriff, and Jake. Talk about a dream team! Farmer Sty started with a chainsaw, which basically turned him into a legitimate hero as well. The zombie player brilliantly blocked all the mansion's exits, and then played "Let's split up," which would mean all the townies still in the mansion would have to take a wound, and therefore die. Luckily, I was able to cancel it. Things got REALLY interesting when Lizzy got a chainsaw too. Two chainsawing townies! Doc Brody made it to the exit with no problem. Things got tough after that. Mr. Hyde and Principal Gomez were together outside the diner when a zombie attacked. I had Gomez fight, as Mr. Hyde had a more useful ability. The zombies won the fight, but I used Hyde's ability to save Gomez. Unfortunately, I failed and they BOTH died! Thanks to the chainsaws though, Farmer Sty and Lizzie split up and went on zombie-killing sprees to the finish line. That left only one townie (Coach, I think?) but he wasn't able to make it. Exciting game!

Have any of you survived this scenario with the heroes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2012, 10:40 PM
RE: Run For It!
I haven't tried run for it yet, but it sounds fun. I will definitely try it out in the future.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply