Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Salvage Crew: Free Sci fi fun!
03-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Salvage Crew: Free Sci fi fun!
Here's a favorite game of mine that's just been 're-released'.

It was originally called Star Mogul, and was a very enjoyable and quirky set of rules for a Tabletop miniatures game.

The game and all the minis were sold, and the new fella is re-releasing the rules as a free download: Now called SALVAGE CREW

http://www.megaminis.com/MEGA/CATALOGS/S...l-Game.pdf

The owner, Mega Minis, also has all the minis still available. I'm quite partial to the minis, but you could really use any minis you had lying about...

Also, I make a brief 'cameo' appearance in the rules, as I help construct a 'sample salvage squad'.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2011, 12:15 PM
RE: Salvage Crew: Free Sci fi fun!
(03-09-2011 10:46 PM)supervike Wrote:  Here's a favorite game of mine that's just been 're-released'.

It was originally called Star Mogul, and was a very enjoyable and quirky set of rules for a Tabletop miniatures game.

The game and all the minis were sold, and the new fella is re-releasing the rules as a free download: Now called SALVAGE CREW

http://www.megaminis.com/MEGA/CATALOGS/S...l-Game.pdf

The owner, Mega Minis, also has all the minis still available. I'm quite partial to the minis, but you could really use any minis you had lying about...

Also, I make a brief 'cameo' appearance in the rules, as I help construct a 'sample salvage squad'.

Cool Game,I may have enough figs around to give it a try.

I love this part

"Womanizer/Man-eater Before the start of each game make a skill check. If successful then the boss has
succumbed to their womanizing/man-eating tendencies and has attempted to seduce 1D6-3 crew
members. The crew members may be any sex. "

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2011, 03:57 PM
LOL...Yeah, as I say "quirky".

A couple of things that appeal to me about this game:

The fact that killing your opponent isn't necessary to win (not that I have a problem with it, but it's fun to be different). The key to winning is simply gathering more Salvage than the opponent.

The 'in between' campaign game is very cool. After each Salvage Mission, you need to tend to your crews needs (ie replacements, spending credits on upgrades, etc) I really like persistant storylines...and this helps keep your crew as a living breathing entity.

Here's my 'crew' The Desert Rose:
[Image: THE-DESERT-ROSE-CREW.jpg]

The minis are cheap (comparing them to other manufacturers) but even better is that they will be coming out with a 15mm line (making it even cheaper!)

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2011, 05:32 PM
That robot is awesome looking...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga