Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scenario: DEMON NACHT plus Zombie Master character sheets.
07-02-2014, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 02:05 PM by slyzod.)
Scenario: DEMON NACHT plus Zombie Master character sheets.
DEMON NACHT

TURNS 18
TURNS TO PERFORM RITUAL 6 (12 on the sun marker)

The small rural town of Woodinvale was formed in 1946 by the families of 4 returning soldiers. Members of a top secret, elite unit known as "Woodin's Boys", these soldiers returned from the heart of Germany with a secret they swore they would keep safe, far away from it all in their little community in the middle of nowhere. Generation after generation the secret was passed down, each new secret keeper swearing to live out their days in Woodindale, until the night came when their knowledge would save the world.

That night is tonight. The last night on Earth.

The dead have risen from the dirt, just as the old Nazi the 4 brave soldiers found in Germany foretold. They were too late on that night; they burst into his chamber mere moments after he completed the final incantation. Before the old Nazi met his fate, he gave a grave warning. The curse he had placed on the world would take time to fester and gestate, but someday the dead would come alive, and a demon directly from Hell would finish the job his Fuhrer could not. The 4 soldiers each took a page from the book, and vowed to never again let the book become whole, until the time was right.

As the dead roam the once peaceful streets of Woodindale, the group of survivors must collect the 4 pages of the book from the descendants of the 4 founders of Woodindale, and help Father Joseph (whom they have entrusted with the book) complete the counter-ritual that will reverse the curse and defeat the evil that was spawned so long ago.

SPECIAL ITEMS NEEDED
The number 1-6 tokens, the book, the altar, 2 Walkie Talkie tokens, locked door, 6 townsfolk tokens (randomly selected),10 extra dice.

SET UP
Standard tile layout.

All Heroes start outside the Church front door.

Heroes get whatever cards they normally start with, plus the group selects 6 additional cards from the Hero deck and distributes them as they wish amongst the Heroes.

Two Heroes are given walkie talkie tokens. These count as one held item for that Hero.

Look at the randomly selected townsfolk and remove their cards from the Hero deck.

Randomly place the 6 number tokens in buildings around the board (not the Church), place a random townfolk token under each one. Numbers 2-5 represent the torn out pages from the book, and the townfolk in charge of keeping the secret, Heroes get the townsfolk card that goes along with the token revealed. Numbers 1 and 6 do not help Father Joseph, but you do get the townsfolk card that goes along with the token still.

Place the altar in the Church. Place the Book on the Altar.

Place a locked door token on the Church door.

OBJECTIVE
Father Joseph must perform a counter-ritual to prevent the demon from being summoned from hell. At the start of each player's activation during the Hero turn, he will read from the book in an attempt to perform the counter-ritual (see the counter-ritual explanation for the rules). The Heroes must find the pages of the book by occupying a space with a number token and townfolk, and relay the page to Father Joseph via the walkie talkies to help him complete his task.

If the counter-ritual is not performed within 6 turns, or Father Joseph fails, the demon is summoned (see demon explanation).

If Father Joseph can perform the counter-ritual, or the Heroes manage to defeat the demon, the Heroes win immediately.

If the Heroes cannot defeat the demon (all Heroes die), or the time expires on the sun tracker, they lose.

SPECIAL RULES
As soon as a Hero occupies a space with a number token they flip it over and take the townsfolk card matching the townsfolk token revealed. They are considered to have that page now. If they have the walkie talkie, they relay the page at the end of their turn, Father Joseph can now roll that number again the next time he attempts to perform the counter-ritual (see counter-ritual explanation). If a Hero dies with a page, drop it in the space that Hero died in.
Two Heroes start with a walkie talkie token (Hero's Choice), which allows them to relay a page to Father Joseph once they reveal one. If a Hero without a walkie talkie occupies a space with a Hero that has one, they can relay a page to Father Joseph as if they had the walkie talkie. If a hero with a page is somehow able to occupy a space with Father Joseph, they can relay it that way as well.
The locked door token is placed on the door of the church, where Father Joseph has barricaded himself in to perform the ritual. The zombies cannot enter the church unless 3 or more zombies occupy the space adjacent to the door, then they can roll 4+ to break down the door. They cannot pass through the walls of the church in this scenario, even if the door is broken down. Father Joseph can put the barricade back up if the church is clear of zombies and he does not attempt to perform the ritual for 1 turn.

If Zombies occupy a space with Father Joseph, he cannot attempt to perform the counter-ritual.

Father Joseph fights like normal, but cannot use his special ability outside a fight. Heroes can choose who rolls for him during fights.

Heroes can respawn as many times they like until the sun marker reaches turn 9.

The Zombie pool is 21 zombies.

THE COUNTER-RITUAL
Grab those 10 extra dice. The counter-ritual is a mini-game the players get to play at the start of each of their activations. The object of the game is to roll 15 6's before the time runs out. At the start of the first Hero turn, roll all ten dice. Any 1's rolled are locked and may never be rerolled. Any 6's rolled are marked down and the die can be rolled by the next player. 2-5's are locked and may not be rolled by the next player UNTIL they reveal that number token and walkie talkie it back to Father Joseph. Any die roll matching a revealed number can be rolled by the next player.

Father Joseph fails the ritual immediately and the demon is summoned if all the dice get locked on 1s.

THE DEMONS
If the demon is summoned, it is time to choose your destructor! Place all six demons in front of you in a row; number them 1 to 6 from left to right. Roll a die to determine who will wreak havoc on the Heroes.

The Demons move just like the Heroes do (D6) unless noted so on their card. They cannot search or use any items that they do not start the game with. They cannot pass through walls unless noted on the cards.

The Demons attack with 2 fight dice unless noted on the card or altered by a weapon.

Moloch may not enter buildings at all, but may attack players in buildings still (smashing his hands through the walls). Zombies that Moloch throws are wounded after they land, hit or miss.

The Zombie player should avoid "running out the clock" with the Demon, this is a creature from Hell, and does not want to win on a technicality.

DEMON CARDS

Czernobog, the Black God.
[Image: czernobog_zpsec5283e6.jpg]

Hekate, Grave Goddess
[Image: hekate_zps37b96a2c.jpg]

Cerberus, Hell Hound
[Image: cerberus_zps7cb16bb5.jpg]

Moloch
[Image: moloch_zpsdc68fb92.jpg]

Zanetsuken, Spirit of Disgrace
[Image: Zanetsuken_zpsbeb7d03a.jpg]

Gorath, Corpse Reaver
[Image: Gorath_zps6f8320a4.jpg]

So that's my first shot at making a scenario. I know that I don't have graphics for the walkie talkie tokens, and the Zombie masters reference other cards that I haven't made yet. I only had so many resources at my disposal. I found the zombie master template and added the pictures and text. I did my best to match the feel of the original character sheets, capitalizing words the same way, and switching to Arial for numbers... I don't have a template for the weapon cards yet, and the scenario I'll eventually format like the online scenarios because ain't no way this is fitting on a cardboard card.

Anyway, I'm completely open to suggestions or comments or complaints or harassments or compliments. I'm thinking maybe the board layout can be different. What do you think?

I make a webcomic! http://www.deepdivedaredevils.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2014, 01:54 PM
RE: Scenario: DEMON NACHT plus Zombie Master character sheets.
Well done! This looks like a fantastic challenge. Can't wait to play it! The Ritiual mechanic looks awesome.

+1 Rep for sharing.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
07-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Great stuff
07-08-2014, 10:08 AM
I would love to see the minis you use for this!

I have the following minis that I use as my Necromancers:

[Image: Mantic-Games-Mhorgoth-the-Faceless.jpeg]

Mhorgoth the Faceless from Mantic.

[Image: HFMASTER%20H087%20Lenore%20composite.jpg]

Lenore from Hasslefree.

Both images from the company websites, mine are in various painted states Watchmen02
07-09-2014, 04:56 AM
Those are sweet. As I've been testing my zombie masters, I've been using shrinky-dinks on hex miniature bottoms as their game piece. The image on the shrinky-dink is just the same one as on the card that I printed out on the shrinky dink inkjet paper. This is an old trick that I've been using for years for games.

I make a webcomic! http://www.deepdivedaredevils.com
07-09-2014, 09:47 AM
You learn something new every day. I never knew Shrinky-Dinks existed!

Has given me some thought for scenery etc...
07-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Wow, that looks great! I love the cards, fantastic work.
01-28-2015, 07:20 AM
This looks pretty wicked! Will absolutely give it a try when its done!

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.