Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Scenario: Doctor's Orders
02-14-2011, 05:39 AM
Scenario: Doctor's Orders
Maybe someone who is better at this can give me some pointers. I've tested it, (by playing against myself,) and the Heroes seem to get slaughtered pretty quickly. I'm not sure how to remedy this. I'm thinking about having the fully barricaded buildings also start out fully reinforced.

Doctor’s Orders
By Russ Nadeau

This scenario requires the Survival of the Fittest expansion.

Once again, the town of Woodinvale has been host to an undead uprising. One of the survivors is barely alive after receiving a vicious wound during a zombie attack. One of our heroes is holding a vigil for this poor soul, and has managed to phone Doc Brody and a few other remaining survivors for help. Can our heroes get the doc and the much needed medical supplies to the wounded civilian in time?

Turns: 15
Zombie: Always Zombie Heroes
Hero: Townsfolk Allies (Doc Brody), Survival Decks, Barricades
Scenario Search Items: Unique Item: Doc Brody’s Medical Bag

Setup:

1) Heroes start in their normal starting locations. In one of starting buildings, place a ‘Townsfolk’ marker. This is the ‘Wounded Civilian.’ It does not count as a ‘Townsfolk Ally,’ as it cannot move or act. This building is fully barricaded.

2) The ‘Doc Brody’ townsfolk ally starts in a random building. This building is fully barricaded.

3) Remove ‘Doc Brody, Country Physician’ from the hero deck.

Special Rules:

1) Heroes may pull from either of the Survival Decks on the roll of 5 or 6 in any building, regardless of the random building numbers.

2) Any zombie sharing the space with the ‘Wounded Civilian’, can kill him/her on the roll of 2+, provided there are no heroes sharing the space.

3) The building containing the ‘Wounded Civilian’ cannot be ‘Taken Over.’ Re-roll die if this happens. The same goes for the building that 'Doc Brody' starts in, but only as long as he remains in that building.

4) If a hero is sharing the space with the ‘Wounded Civilian,’ they may discard a ’First Aid Kit’ to move the ‘Sun Tracker’ back 2 hours. If ‘Becky’ is in play, she can move the sun tracker back one hour by ending her turn in the same space as the ‘Wounded Civilian.’

5) A hero can give ‘Doc Brody’s Medical Bag’ to ‘Doc Brody’ while sharing a space with him during the ‘Exchange Items’ phase. ‘Doc Brody’ cannot carry any other items.

Scenario Objectives:

1) Heroes win the game by healing the ’Wounded Civilian’ before he/she succumbs to his/her wounds. To heal him/her, ‘Doc Brody’ must spend an entire ’Hero Turn’ in the same space as the civilian and discard ‘Doc Brody‘s Medical Bag.’

2) Zombies win by killing Doc Brody, the wounded civilian, or four heroes, or if the heroes fail to heal the civilian before the sun track reaches zero.

My original plan was for the doc, the wounded civilian and all the heroes to be barricaded in a building on the opposite side of the board as the hospital. Then have the 'Unique Items' deck only be available in the hospital. I also gave the zombies more 'dots' to equal the hero team's dots, (they had always zombie heroes, auto spawn and one lights out marker,) but the heroes were being positively slaughtered! My idea was to make the heroes have to decide who and how many to send out to get the medical bag and who to stay and guard the wounded civilian, but it just seemed way to hard for the heroes. I hoped this new version would balance things out, but my heroes are still getting creamed! What's the best way to remedy this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2011, 06:29 AM
RE: Scenario: Doctor's Orders
Actually sounds REALLY fun. A scenario search item scenario that just what I needed CANT be used. Hahaha.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
02-14-2011, 08:56 AM
That's true. Jake, the drifter's resourceful ability doesn't really help either.
02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Just a note, Fully Barricaded means that all of the buildings walls have a barricade with 3 Reinforcement tokens on each. Just an FYI.

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.
02-14-2011, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2011 06:11 PM by munkymuddface.)
(02-14-2011 04:03 PM)mistrunner Wrote:  Just a note, Fully Barricaded means that all of the buildings walls have a barricade with 3 Reinforcement tokens on each. Just an FYI.

Don't have the book in front of me, but I don't think this is correct.

I think Fully Barricaded is a building that has Barricades on all non-edge walls, and Fully Reinforced is a Fully Barricaded building with 3 Reinforcement tokens on each wall...
02-15-2011, 02:02 AM
You're right. I thought I had read somewhere that for scenarios Fully Barricaded meant reinforced as well, sorry bout that.

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.
02-15-2011, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2011 07:05 AM by Russ.)
Thanks for trying to set me straight. Watchmen02 Actually, to keep the Heroes from being slaughtered I've changed it to "Fully Barricaded with one Reinforcement on each Barricade." Plus I gave the Heroes 'Hero Card Pool (4)' I might be tipping the scales too far in the Heroes direction now. I guess it might help to see if I played it against an actually opponent or two. But I'm one of those sad geeks who have a hard time roping friends into a game. If anyone plays it, or a variant of it, please let me know how it goes! Thanks again for all the input.

Here's a more official looking version with the new tweaks...
Doctor's Orders

Attached File(s) Image(s)

07-16-2012, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 06:03 AM by Orguss.)
So I got around to playing this, and

It is WAY too easy to have the wounded townsfolk get bitten. Like crazy.

Also, let's assume everyone starts in the center, the wounded char starts in a random building I would assume. Oh, there is a spawning pit in that random building? GG.

I say make it a 6 to eat the wounded char with a debilitating -1 to hit for each time he's been 'swiped at' Thematically he's limping around trying his darndest and eventually gives out.

Also, now you have it as doc brody's bag is a search item? Super easy for heroes. I liked that it was 2 search items, but you could hunt with the JWIN and LIFI cards, but this was one item yet you couldnt use it.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
07-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Sounds interesting. I think I will have to give this a go.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user