Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scenario: INFECTION
11-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Scenario: INFECTION
I'm working out a scenario in my head right now titled: INFECTION. It starts with 4 heroes infected with the virus caused by attacks. They have 15 hours to locate a cure and have it administered by a doctor at the hospital.

The cure can be find as a random drop by killing zombies or in a safe located in a random building. In order to open the same you must roll the combination. One in possession of the cure you must get to the hospital and have the doctor adimister the drug. to add some dangeryou must also keep the doctor alive. if he dies so do the heroes.

Any ideas on how tomake it better?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2009, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2009 12:43 AM by SPARTAN VI.)
RE: Scenario: INFECTION
So by finding the cure, would the Hero team win? For instance, Hero victory condition would be to find 1 biocanister, pass it around to X amount of Heroes? Or each Hero must have their own cure?

Personally, I love playing with the idea of heroes and hero players turning into zombies and switching teams instead of simply spawning a new hero. Simply spawning a new Hero when your first one dies creates a disconnect. You should be emotionally or somehow invested in the character you choose. By having the player and their Hero switch to the Zombie team when they're killed, in completes the zombie theme and makes the whole conversion much more dramatic.

At the same time, I like to keep things from getting *too* gamey. Keeping track of so many exceptions ruins the fun sometimes, so try to use vanilla rules as frequently as possible.

So with this in mind, perhaps you can do something that simulates the Heroes slowly succumbing to their infections. This would give them an incentive to hurry up and find a cure, no dilly dallying. If each Hero has to find their own cure/biocanister, you can spin it a little more to create an exciting competitive scenario between Heroes. Hero vs. Hero combat even if one wants to steal the cure from another.

Just some ideas. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
11-24-2009, 04:15 AM
I like that. Hero Vs. Hero. each hero finds their own cure. In order to speed things up can have them slowly turn as the counter counts down. less movement, less fight dice, etc. I'll get to work on it.
11-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Spartans ideas are really cool. How about only having 2 biocanisters. Use the 6 numbered tokens, shuffle them then place them in random buildings, unseen. Roll 2 dice, these are the tokens that are the biocanisters.
The slowly turning into a zombie is good to. Maybe, make it chance though, eg at the end of turn 3,6,9,12 roll a dice needing a certain amount to remain normal, if not they suffer in some way.
Definately only have the 4 heroes, don't bring on new heroes. Give each a couple of hero cards at the start maybe.
Just some ideas, hope they help.
I like this idea deadmanwalking.
11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
okay. i've been working hard on the idea. the story is similar to "We Have to Go Back..." in that the heroes must find 2 bio cannisters and leave the board...but has a few differences...which i've yet to kink out. What I have focused on was the infection chart. At the beginning of each hero turn each hero rolls a d6 to decide which corresponding infection type theywill have until the beginning of their next turn. Some have cons, some pros and some cons and pros. Here's what I got:

1. ROTTING FLESH: Your skin and muscle begins to deteroriate at an alarming rate cuasing your strength to deminish.
CON: Minus 1 fight dice.

2. INSATIABLE HUNGER: The desire for brains is all you can think about.
CON: Must immediately roll D6 and make all movements towards nearest hero. If encountered you must fight like
a hero zombie.
PRO: If combatant is defeated you are considered to have eaten their brains and gain full health.

3. STENCH OF DEATH: The smell of death eminates from your every stretch of skin.
CON: Can't share a space with another hero.
PRO: Zombies are confused and zombie hunger does not apply on this hero.

4. RIGAMORTIS: Your every muscle tightens
CON: Subtract movement in half.
PRO: Zombies ignore your movement mistakening you for one of them.

5. DEMINISHED INTELLIGENCE: Speaks for itself.
CON: Can't use weapons and can only use one card per fight.

6. UNDEAD DETERMINATION:
PRO: Can move through walls.

Let me know what you think or if you have any adjustments you might think would work better.
11-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Question RE: Scenario: INFECTION
deadandwalking Wrote:okay. i've been working hard on the idea. the story is similar to "We Have to Go Back..." in that the heroes must find 2 bio cannisters and leave the board...but has a few differences...which i've yet to kink out. What I have focused on was the infection chart. At the beginning of each hero turn each hero rolls a d6 to decide which corresponding infection type theywill have until the beginning of their next turn. Some have cons, some pros and some cons and pros. Here's what I got:

1. ROTTING FLESH: Your skin and muscle begins to deteroriate at an alarming rate cuasing your strength to deminish.
CON: Minus 1 fight dice.

2. INSATIABLE HUNGER: The desire for brains is all you can think about.
CON: Must immediately roll D6 and make all movements towards nearest hero. If encountered you must fight like
a hero zombie.
PRO: If combatant is defeated you are considered to have eaten their brains and gain full health.

3. STENCH OF DEATH: The smell of death eminates from your every stretch of skin.
CON: Can't share a space with another hero.
PRO: Zombies are confused and zombie hunger does not apply on this hero.

4. RIGAMORTIS: Your every muscle tightens
CON: Subtract movement in half.
PRO: Zombies ignore your movement mistakening you for one of them.

5. DEMINISHED INTELLIGENCE: Speaks for itself.
CON: Can't use weapons and can only use one card per fight.

6. UNDEAD DETERMINATION:
PRO: Can move through walls.

Let me know what you think or if you have any adjustments you might think would work better.

Should every hero be effected on each turn? I think that there should only be a chance that they are affected. You could either roll a D6 and say on a 1-3 the hero is affected by the infection, roll on the table above. Or, roll 2D6 2-7 are the afflictions above, 8-12 the hero is unaffected.
This is what I think anyway, but it's your gameZombie03
11-30-2009, 06:45 PM
i'm trying to balance out the pros and cons so that each hero would roll for this each turn, but until I play test it I can't say how well it will work. I may try tweaking the list and having say each hero roll at the beginning of the game and this affects them the entire time. in which case I would need a pro and a con for each....or...hmmm....i can work the 8 numbered pieces into it. 7 and 8 being the bio cannisters and 1 through 6 being a zombie infection. I like that. i'll have to work with it.
12-02-2009, 06:53 AM
I like where this idea is going. I think that it should be interesting to have the hero players maintain the balance between hunting for biocanisters and protecting the doctor. For a moment, I considered suggesting that perhaps each canister only had enough...then I noticed that somebody else already had. This seems to be in good hands. So, how do you suppose the zombies will be able to win, aside from time running out? Will it only be by killing the doctor? Do they win if they kill a certain number of heroes?
12-02-2009, 08:36 AM
well i'm thinking of tossing out the doctor angle. i'm gonna work on it some more tonight though. I'm definately gonna use the 8 numbered tokens. 6 representing an infection type the players suffer through throughout the game. 2 representing bio cannisters.
12-02-2009, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2009 10:36 AM by deadandwalking.)
A little teaser to the upcoming variant INFECTION.

-----------------------------------------------------

A television set flickers on a street corner in the safe haven of Prosper, IL. Through a rough static their is an outline of a femenine figure. Average sized with long dark hair. Her voice is soft and crisp like a woman in a late night tv spot advertising sex. Through the irritating sounds of static she is faintly heard. "Reports are still comming in....the z-virus...mutated." The screen flickers out briefly as the power to the city is interupted. Turning back on the dark haired woman continued "scientist have yet to confirm...but...based on reports from...the z-virus has become airborne." The newscaster pauses, a deep throat swallow is picked up on the microphone. "Please keep....for any more informati..." The television cuts out as well as the rest of the power keeping the city alit.

Sherrif Anderson stands frozen in space. His eyes wide and fixated on the now blank telelvision screen. As darkness creeps in he shuts his eyes and whispers "We have to go back." Behind him stood Billy and his girlfriend Sally. Both of whom were in a state of confusion and shock. Shock at the obvious and confusion as to what the Sherrif meant.

Turning around Sherrif Anderson grabs a set of keys from his pocket and tosses them to Billy. "I need you to get the truck and fill it up. I'll gather supplies."

"Wait. What?" was all Billy could muster.

"There's isn't much time. I'll explain on the way. I just need you to get the truck and gather as many willing individuals as you can."

"Back where Dad?"

"To the place where it all began, son." The Sherrif pauses remembering the past. "To Woodinvale."