Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Scenario: Patient Zero
09-04-2011, 02:53 PM
RE: Scenario: Patient Zero
No!

I liked this scenario soooo much and now that I have everything to play it, I can not download the first page of the scenario!

Anyone who has it please e-mail me at yeeha000@yahoo.com!

It would be much appreciated, thanks!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Wow, this seems like a great scenario. No idea if it's balanced or not, but if it is, it'd be kick ass.
06-25-2012, 12:53 AM
I didn't see this before. What a great scenario! I love the idea of watching the sickness spread right from the first zombie.

Has anyone played this? I think my kids would like to play this one with me but I don't have 5 people to play unless I could get my wife involved and this probably isn't a great scenario for her LNOE debut.

I guess I could make slight adjustments, like play with 2 kids with 2 heroes each and they don't switch to the zombie team unless both of their heroes are killed.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
07-10-2012, 04:38 AM
So I played this scenario with my kids and we had a fun time! I had to modify it slightly because only two of my kids played so they each had 2 heroes and I was the zombie master. My kids lasted 10 rounds until I cornered the last 2 heroes with Patient Zero and 2 zombie heroes. In my view, after the first few rounds (basically as soon as Patient Zero had time to infect a few civilians) the scenario felt weighted toward the zombies. I saw that the original post showed "Free Search Markers" included and that certainly would have helped my kids gather goodies to battle the undead with.

A few other questions came up during gameplay:

The hero win scenario is quoted as "1) Heroes win by having at least 1 Hero survive until dawn, or by killing all Zombies, or by Curing all Zombie Heroes (including Patient Zero)." Options 1 and 2 are very clear but I want to make sure I understand that if the heroes cure Patient Zero and any turned zombie heroes, the heroes immediately win even if there are a bunch of normal zombies still floating around. And I assume that it would be the same if the heroes killed Patient Zero and all zombie heroes instead of curing them.

In this scenario, grave dead zombies (once turned from civilians), Patient Zero, and turned zombie heroes are all plague carriers per the rules from Growing Hunger. I understand the power plague carriers have to convert heroes to zombie heroes but what about the condition that plague carriers can't move except for zombie hunger? This obviously would not work for Patient Zero but what about the others? In the game with my kids I let the zombie heroes move (because the scenario explicitly stated they move 1D3 as usual) but I made all the red Grave Dead zombies stay immobilized wherever they were turned.

Regarding the condition that only 1 civilian can occupy a space, does that apply to the path of movement or only where the civilian ends his move? In other words does one civilian block another civilian's movement through the space he is occupying? And do the rules apply to a civilian not sharing space with a hero also?

Heroes can wound Patient Zero and they have the option to try to cure him with a biocanister. If Patient Zero has 3 wound symbols to fill in on the character sheet, does any combination of wounds and/or biocanisters finish him off? Or are wounds and biocanisters counted separately, with 3 wounds needed to kill him and 3 biocanisters needed to heal him?

Just looking for some minor clarifications but I would like to thank SPARTAN VI for writing a very fun scenario!

08-10-2012, 04:50 AM
I haven't seen any replies on here...does SPARTAN VI not visit anymore?

Has anyone else played this? As I said in the post last month, my kids and I really enjoyed it.

Also, has anyone else written something similar to this where the zombie master starts by controlling only one zombie and then has to infect others to build his army? I just love that concept. If there are not other versions of that out there I may have to design my own. Watchmen02

01-06-2013, 03:26 AM
Asking again if anyone else has tried this scenario...I thought it was a lot of fun.

I love the whole "watch the infection spread like wildfire" aspect of starting only with Patient Zero.

Has anybody else written something similar? I wish that FF would make an official scenario like this and create some regular townsfolk minis that would be replaced by zombie minis when they were infected.