Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scenario: SEAL THE GATE
11-27-2009, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2009 10:31 AM by deadandwalking.)
Smile Scenario: SEAL THE GATE
Here is my official write up for the previous named Scenario: Book of the Dead. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have.

--------------------------------------------------------
This is a solo game scenario

Scenario: SEAL THE GATE

GAME SETUP:
1. Set up the board as normal. With the town center right side up.
2. Place the Summoning Circle marker in the center space.
3. All 4 heroes begin in the center square.
4. Shuffle together 3 surprise attack Exploration markers as well as the Hero found exploration marker together with the appropriate number of buildings on the board. Now randomly place one exploration marker in each building face down.
5. Give each hero their associated weapon:
Drifter: Cleaver
Johnny: Baseball Bat (now reads: Roll One Additional Fight Dice per Fight)
Sheriff: Revolver
Jenny: Chainsaw
Amanda: Jumper Cables
Rachelle: Shotgun
Billy: Guitar
Kenny: Random
Becky: Shotgun
Father: Faith
Sally: Revolver
Sam: Garden Shears

SPECIAL RULES:
1. Neither hero deck nor zombie deck is used for this scenario other than for starting weapons.
2. Hero weapons don't break or run out of gas or bullets.
3. Zombies autospawn each turn so that all 14 zombies are on the board at the beginning of the zombie turn. Zombies cannot move through walls and must use the doors. Zombies must also take the shortest route to the center of town (summoning circle). Zombie hunger does still apply. Upon reaching the summoning circle the zombie must survive any fights (if heroes present) before being able to sacrifice itself. If no heroes then the zombie automatically is considered sacrificed. After 10 zombies have sacrificed themselves the game is over.
4. 4 missing pages to the necronomicon are hidden throughout the town. To locate a missing page simply enter any building with an exploration marker and flip it. If it is either a surprise attack or a hero found marker you have found a missing page. Free search markers are duds and are to be removed. Upon finding a missing page you must battle a zombie from the board. One furthest away from the summoning circle.
5. While in possession of a page to the necromicon you have the added ability of being able to close down spawning pits by either being on the space or in an adjacent space to it. This can be done at the ending of your move. If you are in the same space as a zombie you must first fight it. Also, while in possession you gain plus one fight dice per page. Upon death the page is placed where death occured.

SCENARIO OBJECTIVES:
1. Locate all four missing pages to the Necronomicon and return to the summong circle to seal the gate. To seal the gate you must begin your turn at the summoning circle and give up your move/fight as well as fend off any zombies present before 10 zombies sacrifice themselves.
----------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you think and how your games go. so far I'm 4 wins 4 losses.

updated rules 11/27/09
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2009, 10:43 AM
RE: Scenario: SEAL THE GATE
I've altered the rules a bit to add tension and certain weapons less powerful. give it a go.
11-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Wow. No Zombie deck at all?

I've personally always found that the zombie deck is where the zombies make up for the slow movement of the zombies.
Find all posts by this user
11-28-2009, 08:54 PM
whenever i play solo i usually forget all about my zombie cards. so I tried to create a scenario where they weren't needed. since the zombies arn't so much fighting as they are sacrificing themselves it makes up for it so the cards arn't really needed. give it a try. you'll see Watchmen02
12-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Well, you get auto-points with me for trying something so different from the norm, but I'm not sure if it's actually good...yet. When I have my copy of LNOE on hand, I'll probably give this a try.
12-02-2009, 11:09 PM
I really dig this scenario. I'm not sure about the weapons/removing deck part -- but I really like the victory conditions and how they're achieved.
01-05-2010, 10:51 AM
sounds exceptionally boring for the zombie player(s)...
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
incubus634 Wrote:sounds exceptionally boring for the zombie player(s)...

That's why it's a SOLO game Watchmen02
01-05-2010, 07:12 PM
deadandwalking Wrote:
incubus634 Wrote:sounds exceptionally boring for the zombie player(s)...

That's why it's a SOLO game Watchmen02

LOL...He must have missed the word *S*O*L*O*...LOL
For one,by yourself,Alone....LOL
01-06-2010, 04:50 AM
self-owned. i also lost the game.